Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get some Schwalbe Tyres - a furious Fred and Rocket ron

I want to get light ones though as they can vary in weight by 80grams at times!

So does anyone know a source where i could get some but have the weight checked first ?

·
Registered
173 Posts
No but...

I have used many many Furious Fred 2.25"s (with RaceGuard) and they have been about 434 +-3grams. I have also used several Ron 2.25"s and I can't remember what the average is now (454 maybe) but they were all within +-10 grams.

While I have personally seen high variations in Schwalbe tire weights, particularly with the old Ralph model (+-35 grams or more), they seem to have reigned it in significantly with the Furious Fred, Ron, and new Ralphs. Or maybe I am just getting lucky over and over and over. :)

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
williford said:
I have used many many Furious Fred 2.25"s (with RaceGuard) and they have been about 434 +-3grams. I have also used several Ron 2.25"s and I can't remember what the average is now (454 maybe) but they were all within +-10 grams.

While I have personally seen high variations in Schwalbe tire weights, particularly with the old Ralph model (+-35 grams or more), they seem to have reigned it in significantly with the Furious Fred, Ron, and new Ralphs. Or maybe I am just getting lucky over and over and over. :)
Schwalbe STILL have HUGE differences...

just have a look at some Rocket Ron 2,1" that this guy got:
http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showpost.php?p=5459019&postcount=726

that's 50g difference / 13%

and i'm sure if you could weigh more tires you could find lighter AND heavier ones still. As i always said with Schwalbe you should weigh your tires before you buy or you may end up with a ton on your rims:nono:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.