Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a huge Specialized tubeless tire guy....and stay away from S Works tires for rear use. Look at a sidewall wrong and it'll split.

As a front they are awesome if you don't ride a lot of rocks and can find one that holds air for more than a day. Actual weights have always been less than claimed.

Today I put on a S Works Fast Trak 29x2.00. Has held air all day. Set up tubeless super easy like every 2Bliss tire I have.

Actual weight: 455 grams.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I love the Fast Trak tire but the last set of 29er 2.0 tires had big enough pin hole leaks that my Stans was never able to seal them up. I just ordered to Fast Trak Control tires hoping I wont have the same issues getting them to seal.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi that´s great weight win
what do you guys think 2x S-works Ground Control 2.1 will weigh tubeless on the Roval Control 142+ alloy rims?

Well i took out one of those turbo tubes for 29ers and weighed iot on a luggage scale those with a hook no i didn´t puncture the tube no air in it :D

it weighed 0.15kilo grams 150 grams so i guess it is not so much lighter to the stock Speci. tubes (black box) i do not know what tubes my Carbon expert 2013 came with but i will weigh them too and see the difference when i go tubeless.
the S-works GC tires are 570 gram each out of the box.
Might be good to know for those who wants to try the turbo tubes and know the weight difference to stock tubes

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I had to use my Sworks 1.95 renegade on a trip to Brevard NC, To mmy suprise it held up on the rear for a week of 3 hour days in some pretty crazy terrain.

I hope it wasnt a fluke. Thats a great weight, my renegade came in at 498. Still deciding if I want a fast trak 2.2 or a renegade 2.3 for the front.

So far I have had great luck with S tires. and they always set up with a hand pump and hold air perfect.

·
I like turtles
6,374 Posts
My S-Works Ground Control weighed 10 less than my control version..I got hosed there!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
I had to use my Sworks 1.95 renegade on a trip to Brevard NC, To mmy suprise it held up on the rear for a week of 3 hour days in some pretty crazy terrain.

I hope it wasnt a fluke. Thats a great weight, my renegade came in at 498. Still deciding if I want a fast trak 2.2 or a renegade 2.3 for the front.

So far I have had great luck with S tires. and they always set up with a hand pump and hold air perfect.
That's impressive in Brevard. I ran my conti race kings there and I felt like they were a little too racey in areas. I couldn't imagine the renegade on some of those downhills where you just have to commit to a line and hang on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.