Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any weekly rides (road or mountain) that anyone could recommend in Colorado Springs?
Anything at a relaxed or moderate pace. I've tried a couple rides with some pro groups and I just get smoked.

·
Hairshirt Rider
1,881 Posts
cosgti said:
Are there any weekly rides (road or mountain) that anyone could recommend in Colorado Springs?
Anything at a relaxed or moderate pace. I've tried a couple rides with some pro groups and I just get smoked.
There is the Tuesday night ride that gets posted up every week. It goes off a bit too early for me, but it fits the relaxed/moderate pace requirement.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Loudpawlz said:
but it fits the relaxed/moderate pace requirement.
I resemble that remark! Yup, we do a ride pretty much every Tuesday at 4:30 somewhere in the Springs. Some of those who show are pretty fast riders, but they always are nice enough to wait for my slow ass. Check back here on Monday and you'll see a post titled "6/27/06 Springs Ride" where we will discuss where we're riding.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Jaydude_72 said:
I would be interested in starting a weekly ride.

Kristians group seems inflexable and will not schedule rides later in the evening for the folks that get off work later.
We could be flexible when riding in Palmer Park with multiple meeting times, but who wants to wait until 5:30 or later if you could ride at 4:30?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I live in the Campus Commons area, right across the street from the backside of PP off of Union and Austin Bluffs. I could hit that at almost any time.

Also, I guess the trailhead for Austin Bluffs Park is by the YMCA on Garden Ranch, which is right around the corner from my house. Those are the easiest places for me to get to, but I've also gone over to Ute Valley for a ride or two.

I'm game whenever.

·
Hairshirt Rider
1,881 Posts
Jaydude_72 said:
Kristians group seems inflexable
Yea, they are. They even ditched me the one time I tried to catch them at Ute. I could see them off in the distance, but couldn't catch them even at their moderate pace. I doubt the Pro Cycling train even caught up with them that night.

BTW, I believe the MTBr the idiom is "posse", as in "Kristian's posse seems inflexible"?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Jaydude_72 said:
I would be interested in starting a weekly ride.

Kristians group seems inflexable and will not schedule rides later in the evening for the folks that get off work later.
I can ride at 6pm on a weekday at either Palmer Park or the Canyon if horax and jaydude want to start a regular ride.

·
Team Inflexible
1,943 Posts
As I said Kristians possee is inflexable. It seems to be more of a clicky Brokeback Mountain Bike club anyways.

Lets start a weekly ride starting at 6:00pm. Tuesdays or Thursdays work best for me. It is not getting dark until close to 9:00 so we can get some good rides in. I dont believe in shuttles. I like to earn my downhill but have no problem riding with beginner to advanced level riders. We can pick rides that are good for all skill levels. Mt Herman, Section 16, Jacks etc.

·
I think I can.
1,242 Posts
Dude Relax

Jaydude_72 said:
As I said Kristians possee is inflexable. It seems to be more of a clicky Brokeback Mountain Bike club anyways.

Lets start a weekly ride starting at 6:00pm. Tuesdays or Thursdays work best for me. It is not getting dark until close to 9:00 so we can get some good rides in. I dont believe in shuttles. I like to earn my downhill but have no problem riding with beginner to advanced level riders. We can pick rides that are good for all skill levels. Mt Herman, Section 16, Jacks etc.
Just because a group wants to go out early does not mean crap, we rode yesterday at 6 and life is perfect.
Post your rides and if I can make it I will, alway's fun just to ride, and company is always better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thursday's are bad for me since I play basketball at 7:00-by the way, if anybody wants to play some pickup ball, let me know and I can send you directions. We're always looking for players!

Tuesdays sounds like the best day...either Tuesday or Friday. The EASIEST for me would be PP or Austin Bluffs since they're right by my house. If we were going to do Jack's or anything else, I'll probably need to bring the car to work or something and meet y'all there. I can do that, but it's easiest for me to go to PP.

Ah, well, just let me know when and where and I'll try to make it.

What kind of bikes do you guys ride? I haven't ridden in like 12 years when I bought my new bike a few weeks back...got an Iron Horse at a great price with decent components. My buddy here at work has a Santa Cruz, and he'd probably join us on the rides, too.

·
Hairshirt Rider
1,881 Posts
dude - lighten up. You are not the only one who can't get out at 4:30 and ride. You are probably a decent guy, but you aren't coming across as one.

Now that this thread is jacked, please start a new for your ride next week. That way cosgti and others have another option.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.