Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
781 Posts
Contemplating improving my rear hub, after having eaten my second set of bearings this summer a couple days ago. Turns out the oem one doesn't like UC chunk. But more likely I'll just throw another new cheap freehub on, since I have a bike better suited to that terrain coming in the next month or so.

· In Transit
1,097 Posts
At risk of drawing everyone to SC:

View attachment 1947921
Too late. I haven't seen it that busy at 830 maybe ever. Thought there might be another horsey event, but nothing as far as I could tell. School gave up the goods as usual but man, the moondust is really piling up in places. After sampling some local microbrew and cuisine, I am at home taking a ginormous poop. I am cleansed. It was a good day.

· Registered
5,055 Posts
Hahahaha ... + 1 on the good day Giddy! Followed a friend up Kennedy today. Couldn't really keep up with him and his hiking sticks on the Ripley. He was out there with his brother and another buddy. They don't go up with him well either so they all do a big visit on the way down! :whistle: Clothing Smile Glasses Helmet Bicycle helmet
I need to get out with these boys again soon.

· Formerly dvo
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Headed out with the intention of heading up Mtn Charlie, across Summit to the top above Demo, drop Bacons etc down to Aptos etc etc. Is was all going swimmingly until the first pedal stroke on Bacon, ping ping ping meant my rear hub had destroyed itself. And a happy coincidence had our wives meeting for lunch down at Aptos BBQ so we coasted down to there where we had a few beers and loaded up the trucks to head for home.

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycle helmet Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Sky Cloud Mountain Plant Road surface

Bicycle Plant Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel Bicycle wheel

Face Smile Hairstyle Eye Sky

· Registered
1,362 Posts
pretty decent ride in sc yesterday, 23 miles and 4200ft. Tried to poach some trails in the cowell redwoods park but got lost and didn't feel like climbing back out. Maybe next time.

very sandy across empire grade though. rode a lot of trails for the first time and i can only imagine how sick they'd be after some rain.

· Premium Member
8,744 Posts
Went for a spin on the gravel bike yesterday and started counting the political signs out in people's yards. There were precisely too many of them. Then I turned off onto some dirt for awhile and there were none. So happy that there's no signage out on the trails.

Don't forget to vote.
Voted early, so I did my part. Whether my vote was to make things better or worse is surely subject to debate.

· Registered
5,055 Posts
Busy big workout day on Kennedy was had today. The Queen of ♥'s and Queen of ♦'s gals were both out there on the trail also. Tree down partially blocking trail will take some work to remove. Pretty good air quality today. Up past the tree with hiker gal pal ... back down partway then back up with Dan the Man to the chopper pad at top intersection. Gonna sleep really well tonight!
Bicycle Bicycle helmet Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel

· Registered
781 Posts
With my "real" bike currently out of service I took my loaner/kid-hauler to finally check out all the green squiggles through the north side of Ft. Ord. I definitely hit a few sandpits where missed my 3" tires, but otherwise was perfectly happy riding everything I found, even with outdated geo and a trash fork. Though its also drivetrain sucks, so I just set the gears at 34/18 and ran it SS.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.