Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Formerly dvo
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So many adjustments, the trails getting slammed by drought conditions, more riders doing more laps, now we have unprecedented fire conditions wreaking havoc in the mountains. On the flip side, my weekend mornings start with this view....

and I ride out the front door almost every ride now. It's foggy over here in Scotts Valley, damn near dripping. I expect it will be another busy weekend at the UC.
Roughster's new normal is riding yet another trail he somehow scratches out of those bone dry cow pastures, Dagonger somehow drives all over the state every weekend and Ancient Rascal rides Kennedy yet again.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
One reason I rationalized for getting an eMTB in the midst of the pandemic was so I can give myself the on-the-fly choice whether to suck lots of air (when the trails are pristine) or not (when the trails are crowded). I guess if this is the new normal, then that's another application. Which is fine as I've learned to incorporate running on a hamster wheel in a HEPA-filtered habitat as my more-serious aerobic workout routine.

Someday, Zwift for all! :ROFLMAO: :cry:

·
Registered
880 Posts
I was inspired by last week's "try something new" theme, even though I have been riding new-to-me stuff in PA for a month. Should I ride Saratoga Gap to Skyline Trail to JNT and back the same way? I've never been there... I usually head over to Demo or Skeggs (Waterdog on the weekdays). Even if skyline is pretty meh, it looks like there might be some nice turns on the other trails.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was inspired by last week's "try something new" theme, even though I have been riding new-to-me stuff in PA for a month. Should I ride Saratoga Gap to Skyline Trail to JNT and back the same way? I've never been there... I usually head over to Demo or Skeggs (Waterdog on the weekdays). Even if skyline is pretty meh, it looks like there might be some nice turns on the other trails.
Start early. Park on Black rd, go up JNT, across to Gap, then Long Ridge. Do the peter's creek loop, then back the way you came. Ending with JNT down is the goal.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Pacifica for second time this week. Thought I'd see a lot more bikers but I guess the beach goers scared away most folks from the packed parking lot.

Helicopter hovering above the start of Crack at around 2pm-2:30pm. It dropped a cable down but the cable was empty and not sure what if anything was pulled up.
Thought someone was injured at first but the copter hovered for a quite some time. So maybe just a drill or hopefully some non-injury event.

I was headed down Fly so wasn't right close to the copter.

Stay safe in any case!

·
Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
Ripmo
3,573 Posts
Skeggs was pretty fun. Chill pace, always worried about ”The Man” with the radar. Its got so many great trails, and if you are in the mood to NOT ride fast, its a great place for some fun, legal riding. Only my 8-9th time there, so its still shiny and new to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
I was supposed to meet up with my cousin today in Pinecrest and was really looking forward to riding to the peak. Though it’s somewhat better today, given the smoke yesterday and the unpredictability of it, I cancelled our lodging in Pinecrest. He’s driving up from SoCal so I will show him Pacifica today, UC tomorrow, and Demo Tuesday. Does anyone know if it’s ok to leave a car parked at the Summit Store parking lot for a few hours? We will have gear in the car that I don’t want to leave unattended at the Demo lot.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
10 am @ Kennedy Trailhead dis moanin? Who's in? ... 3 of us so far. I was invited by a crew member who we haven't seen for awhile. Social pace on the "Gentle Rolling Inclines" of Kennedy to discuss what "The New Normal" means to you?

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
Briones loop. Could see the edge of the smoke above and marine layer below when looking towards the Bay. Also had a curious coyote watching me. Also saw for the first time in a while several guys on enduro ebikes (including one with a push 11-6). Seems like a waste of a setup when the rider is having trouble navigating down the fire road. Then again, I should't be suprised, some days I am passing the enduro bros going downhill on my hardtail, other days I will get smoked by some kid on a crapped out 15 year old bike.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Saturday got up early to post signs on certain trails begging people to shut off their heat maps (losing battle...we are our worst enemies). Moto today then I built a trench (For 220V wires) because I bought and built this badboy.

Dan, someday you are going to post up and not say you rode from home or back door and I will to start drinking again. Good meeting you and crew out there Saturday Rboardman. How many of you guys nailed the small tree on the last run?...that thing just sucks you into it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.