Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
singletrack bound
2,988 Posts
Which course is that? Looks more podunk than Pajaro. Just getting back into golf and looking for more variety.
Same here, just started hitting the ball again after a 25 yr layoff now that I’m retired.
this is Casserly 9 hole. All par 3’s and 4’s but perfect to get the swing back and try to hit a few greens.
(Never mind the trail lol 😂)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Same here, just started hitting the ball again after a 25 yr layoff now that I’m retired.
this is Casserly 9 hole. All par 3’s and 4’s but perfect to get the swing back and try to hit a few greens.
Thanks for the heads up, wasn't aware of that one. Played Seascape last week for the first time. Couldn't believe it was only $21 for twilight 18 holes (after 4pm).

Yeah, that trail looks good too, though. 😆

·
Registered
15 Posts
JNT is a bit dusty, but otherwise in good shape. Hit it yesterday afternoon -- while packing up, I noticed many folks on F/S riding up the remainder of Black Rd road from the trailhead. Didn't think to flag anyone down to ask, but what's the objective there? Up the road to Skyline and down the JNT? Other stuff up that way? JNT's a pleasant scenic climb, never thought of it as being even remotely one directional -- why skip it for the road? Just curious.

·
F*** it
1,158 Posts
^^ It does get you up to the top faster if you're short on time. And there's very little traffic mid-week.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
JNT is a bit dusty, but otherwise in good shape. Hit it yesterday afternoon -- while packing up, I noticed many folks on F/S riding up the remainder of Black Rd road from the trailhead. Didn't think to flag anyone down to ask, but what's the objective there? Up the road to Skyline and down the JNT? Other stuff up that way? JNT's a pleasant scenic climb, never thought of it as being even remotely one directional -- why skip it for the road? Just curious.
Out of 50 JNT rides, I'll ride up Black Road once. You saw the once. I do it to ... mix it up?! Similar to night riding making a familiar trail new again. I hear JNT is magical at night...

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I do the road a ton.
a) Gets you to trailhead much faster when you are in a pinch for time. Or allows you to jump on Skyline trail for a longer ride without blowing up legs on JNT climb.
b) Avoids DH traffic when you don't want to hassle with it.
c) There are some trails across the street from the JNT parking lot on 9 (Cumbria sign road and down a very tiny bit on right) but they are stupid and more local hiking trails. Did them once and won't go back. But have at it if you feel like exploring.

But yeah, climbing JNT is most reasonable.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Maybe they just like riding a loop vs an out-and-back ride.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Working on what appears to be the crown jewel of the system. I will be so stoked to finish hopefully in a week or two. Currently I am hacking through full PO jungle. I am sure I have patches that will form in the next few days. I wear head to toe protection but that fucking weed is insidious!

On the hike up, this dude was chillin ... like he would not move and I was worried he would get run over by someone bombing the Frontside DH. He was chill ... till I picked him up and he snaked around to bite me, lol. Going take more than that Padowan, I was ready:

Today’s the wife’s Bday so only had a few hours, but made some crazy good progress.

On the hike out, admired the city’s progress on paving in an official trailhead. How do you feel when your years of hard work is noticed by the city? ... Most locals recognize it’s the MTBers that build and maintain the local trails. Hopefully they continue to live and let live ...

House is clean, dishes are done, dinner is ordered and flowers / gifts are waiting for her. Going to call today a success!

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
I don’t usually have allergy problems, but the last week has been hard, struggling to get air at 90%+ heart rate, so slow and easy for the moment. Briones was empty today. Had a nice 20 minute break at the bench by the radio towers, not a person in sight, just the sound of the birds and the breeze through trees.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Well, #vanlife trip #1 complete. Picked it up in Phoenix, spent a few days in Sedona, Moscow, ID, and outside of Bend. Only 1 real day of riding in Sedona but lots of hiking, boondocking, getting to understand how do to do this #vanlife thing and just generally seeing bucket list things :) Sorry this is sorta off topic but I swear I tried to ride 2 other days, but weather and available rentals ruined the day! Good news, we paid $0 in camping / parking fees for a 9 day trip, so that was pretty rad!

It's crazy how the van all came together. Two years ago I was begging my wife to allow me to pull the trigger, over the last year my wife got all gungho and I started to get gun shy. It is her Bday soon, so what better present!

Interior tour. My wife pushed for a shower. I wasn't convinced, but holy cow was it awesome to take a shower in the middle of Sedona after riding!
View attachment 1925649

Haha came back from a hike to find some bologna on the vehicle. LOL, I guess Oregonians either didn't like the CA plates or suggestion of trust fund... I tempered getting pissed with the knowledge that it could've been MUCH worse. We were way off radar here and having a disabled vehicle in this area would be an adventure at a minimum, potentially life threatening in reality.
View attachment 1925641

Rider Creek falls:
View attachment 1925642

Terwilliger Hot Springs. Lots of naked people here, lol. Awesome hotsprings and had a good time chatting with the locals. And this pic was after a selfie, totally stealth I promise!
View attachment 1925636

Grand Staircase / Escalante Toadstools trail. Umm I am hesitant to even post about this. This is in the top 10 hikes for both my wife and I. I could post a ton of pictures that would blow your mind if you have never been here! Saw some bike tracks and was HELLA jealous!
View attachment 1925637

Wife's bucket list has always included Horseshoe Bend ... check! It was awesome!
View attachment 1925643

I have never been to the Grand Canyon ... check :)
View attachment 1925645

Crazy difference from Phoenix in 100s, Sedona in the high 80s, Oregon in the 70s and Moscow, ID we actually got snowed on and hiked in some pretty deep snow (one of the days I was hoping to ride Moscow Mtn! :( )
View attachment 1925644

Got home Saturday night. I got out an rode 15 miles locally Sunday doing some maintenance and cleaning as I went. Work is going to be crazy for a bit so not sure how much building I'll get done, but I have had some inspiration from riding Sedona's public bike park ... :)

View attachment 1925646
As a Californian that lived in Oregon for 3 years, my experience is they poke a lot of fun, but would not resort to vandalism. The real cure is when traveling, have a temporary “I am the NRA” sticker. A State of Jefferson sticker will also do in a pinch.

·
Ariolimax columbianus
1,615 Posts
yo tone, congrats on da retirement!!!! i need to get out on da golf course, i work right next door to pajaro valley and the custodian at my school can get on w/da hookup rates since he knows da groundskeeper.

couple weeks ago on my spring break i hooked up w/your buddy rick out on a coe ride. he pulled up w/another buddy in his van and after talking to him for a bit I realized who he was (i knew i'd ridden w/him before). we talked a lil bit about da inauguration ride and i still feel bad for missin that one! his first time at coe! bruh's a legend, he started tellin me about all his moto trips and showin me pics. i think i got like 9 years and i can early retire. for now just gotta dream/weekend warrior it, but at least i got summers off.

thanks for da trailwork, i met another dude at the ramsay pumptrack the other day who does a ton of work in the park too. he basically rebuilt ******ine and all dat udder stuff, name rhymes w/mow.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hit up Demo on my way to check out the paved pump track at Ramsay, which was very cool. Ramsay has a few loops and lots of opportunity to mix the lines up. There were a bunch of groms and a couple older guys on bmxes rippin it. Good vibe.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Great work this week to close the 4/10 - 4/16 WRR out. Hard work the last 4 days. Did a 4 miler Tuesday and a 3 mile run / jog dis moanin. Also two good rides on the Salsa @ 5 under, 27x22. One short ride with a neighbor to the tree was all he had time for but then back up Kennedy with a chatty hiker gal pal. Yesterday Limekiln with another Hiker that turned into a Salsa beatdown as we did Overgrown shady part repeats. The Limekiln creek still has water running. Flowers here at creek also.
20210416_122634.jpeg

21 - 35 of 35 Posts