Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Formerly dvo
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Conditions are good but damn, dry as a bone already. Heading to Placerville for a little riding and some quality time with the grandson.

·
F*** it
1,158 Posts
I found a decent amount of dark loam around UC today, but it's definitely fading.

·
Registered
394 Posts
auburn was fun today and the weather was beautiful. i finally got a decent pov cam: a used hero 8 black, mounted to a stuntman chest harness, and a foam wind sock thingy. no gimbal and i am blown away by the performance of this awesome little cam!

stonewall and rocky trails:

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Great day with CA Expeditions in Georgetown! Trails never disappoint but it's dry and dusty again...we hit "waterfall" 2x

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
Tons of snow on Emigrant still. Wouldn't bother for another few weeks. Beautiful day, though!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Well, #vanlife trip #1 complete. Picked it up in Phoenix, spent a few days in Sedona, Moscow, ID, and outside of Bend. Only 1 real day of riding in Sedona but lots of hiking, boondocking, getting to understand how do to do this #vanlife thing and just generally seeing bucket list things :) Sorry this is sorta off topic but I swear I tried to ride 2 other days, but weather and available rentals ruined the day! Good news, we paid $0 in camping / parking fees for a 9 day trip, so that was pretty rad!

It's crazy how the van all came together. Two years ago I was begging my wife to allow me to pull the trigger, over the last year my wife got all gungho and I started to get gun shy. It is her Bday soon, so what better present!

Interior tour. My wife pushed for a shower. I wasn't convinced, but holy cow was it awesome to take a shower in the middle of Sedona after riding!

Haha came back from a hike to find some bologna on the vehicle. LOL, I guess Oregonians either didn't like the CA plates or suggestion of trust fund... I tempered getting pissed with the knowledge that it could've been MUCH worse. We were way off radar here and having a disabled vehicle in this area would be an adventure at a minimum, potentially life threatening in reality.

Rider Creek falls:

Terwilliger Hot Springs. Lots of naked people here, lol. Awesome hotsprings and had a good time chatting with the locals. And this pic was after a selfie, totally stealth I promise!

Grand Staircase / Escalante Toadstools trail. Umm I am hesitant to even post about this. This is in the top 10 hikes for both my wife and I. I could post a ton of pictures that would blow your mind if you have never been here! Saw some bike tracks and was HELLA jealous!

Wife's bucket list has always included Horseshoe Bend ... check! It was awesome!

I have never been to the Grand Canyon ... check :)

Crazy difference from Phoenix in 100s, Sedona in the high 80s, Oregon in the 70s and Moscow, ID we actually got snowed on and hiked in some pretty deep snow (one of the days I was hoping to ride Moscow Mtn! :( )

Got home Saturday night. I got out an rode 15 miles locally Sunday doing some maintenance and cleaning as I went. Work is going to be crazy for a bit so not sure how much building I'll get done, but I have had some inspiration from riding Sedona's public bike park ... :)

·
F*** it
1,158 Posts
Awesome pics, Roughster! Too bad/kinda funny about the processed-meat justice.

Reactions: roughster

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Isn't this the new week thread ... last weeks just won't die. :rolleyes: Three rides and today's 4 mile run but just more of the usual. Good buddy has two Yorkies so I had to text him about today's Yorkie rescue @ the Rose Garden in San Jose. Ran up on the little gal and she gave me that I'm not supposed to be out look. I don't run with a phone so I grabbed her and recruited help. We got her back home while another Yorkie was barking at a gate. Owner said they're just are couple of old ladies that get out of the yard now and then.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Saturday was mostly a road ride (on MTB), from Los Gatos past Lexington and up OSCH, then down Morrill and Wright's Station to the bridge. Saw the north end of the Wright's/Laurel tunnel, then rode up to San Jose/Soquel, down to Redwood Lodge Road, over to Laurel where we could see the east portal of the Laurel/Glenwood tunnel. Then up Schulties Road to OSCH and back to LG. This route goes past at least six ghost towns (Alma, Lexington, Holy City, Patchen, Wrights, and Laurel). We had done the same route a few weeks back but I didn't understand all the history and locations until later. The parts of this ride that are near Summit but not actually on Summit Road are great as those roads are really scenic with light traffic. Seeing the old railroad tunnels was fun as well. I've been in the area since 1995 but had never visited them.

Sunday I rode Skeggs which was very nice. I decided to take the scenic route back to LG on Skyline and it was beautiful. It's a great time of year to take that route if you have time. So many wildflowers, greenery and views to the ocean.

Bike is in the shop now for some drivetrain work. It has been limping along with a lot of skipping at the end of life for these cogs.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Which course is that? Looks more podunk than Pajaro. Just getting back into golf and looking for more variety.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts