Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
4,445 Posts
You need a new group lol

I took a friend on his first mountain bike ride yesterday at Annadel - I hadn’t been on Ridge for a long time and I was glad to see the poison oak wasn’t fully engulfing the trail anymore
The crazy thing is, they are all solid riders (albeit 60+) who have no issues riding double black TECH but wood isn’t their favorite riding material. 😆 We were riding at Post Canyon and had done everything in a 25 miles ride day. As we came to the end, there’s a small creek with a “bridge” which looks more like a structure that is maybe 15 feet long and 2 feet wide. One guy, who is a fantastic rider, actually dismounted his back and ran thru the small creek/ravine rather than going across the wooden structure. It was comical.

· Registered
4,082 Posts
Ever ridden here? North Vancouver that is, technical trails everywhere all being well maintained. About to head out for one more ride before flying home tomorrow.

View attachment 1950803
Yep. Though I didn’t get a proper North Shore experience since we only rode the secret stuff, which was steep loamers and rock rolls only, not a skinny or jank feature around. But I’m not complaining, hate skinnies and will avoid at all costs where possible.

· Registered
2,665 Posts
The crazy thing is, they are all solid riders (albeit 60+) who have no issues riding double black TECH but wood isn’t their favorite riding material. 😆 We were riding at Post Canyon and had done everything in a 25 miles ride day. As we came to the end, there’s a small creek with a “bridge” which looks more like a structure that is maybe 15 feet long and 2 feet wide. One guy, who is a fantastic rider, actually dismounted his back and ran thru the small creek/ravine rather than going across the wooden structure. It was comical.
My son followed me across that skinny and fell off mid way no joke. Neither him nor the bike were hurt. Frickin miracle lol!

· Registered
2,336 Posts
I’d planned to link a few favorite DH runs around N Tahoe. After 7 hours and starting the second one, I had a silly mishap and wound up with a properly twisted ankle. I dropped it anyway but had to switch to all Forest roads. I’ll be paying for this ride for some days to come…

Wheel Water Plant Bicycle tire Bicycle

Tire Bicycle Wheel Plant Vehicle

Sky Plant Natural landscape Mountain Tree

Rectangle Slope Font Line Parallel

PS:
Leg Wood Thigh Knee Material property

· orthonormal
5,144 Posts
My son followed me across that skinny and fell off mid way no joke. Neither him nor the bike were hurt. Frickin miracle lol!
A neighbor of mine fell off the railroad bridge across the San Lorenzo river. No idea how that could have happened or how he is still walking around today.

· Premium Member
8,744 Posts
A neighbor of mine fell off the railroad bridge across the San Lorenzo river. No idea how that could have happened or how he is still walking around today.
Gravity. Gets them every time.

• Haha
Reactions: Yeety

· Premium Member
8,744 Posts
This should be where I am posting photos of closing day at Northstar. Unfortunately my sone had homework and I didn’t want to day trip by myself. Instead he took me on some trails near Moraga. The climb out was paved, but at least a nice consistent climb in the middle of the cassette.

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Plant

· Premium Member
8,744 Posts
That’s why I said I had no idea how it happened. Seems next to impossible.
Some people have crazy mad skills. Not skills that are necessarily desirable, but still skills.

· Registered
536 Posts
Saturday's ride in Auburn was my first time on the bike since spring thanks to heatwaves, fires, smoke, and mostly just basic lack of motivation. It felt great to be a back on the bike and riding again. Seeing (and smelling) the burned areas and remnants of the bulldozed fuel break lines around Culvert Trail was eerie and sad. The trail is mostly in good shape, though. Thank you FATRAC!

Sunday was new dirt day for me up in Truckee on Jackass Trail. It was a fun time, but the sky over Tahoe looked the same as the filth over 1970's Los Angeles: smoggy, smoggy, smoggy. :(

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.