Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Hit the local with quite a crew. Some regulars, semi-locals, and newbies. Hit the some of the new stuff and established classics, then finished it off with some beers and a few games cornhole in the parking lot. Freakin awesome ride and fun time!

I asked for feedback at the end of the ride and got a consistent, "More DC" feedback theme. Message received, more DC incoming!

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Quick couple loops at Jaquin Miller with my son. Pretty crowded. Had some asshat tell me I should go slower when I passed at a jogging pace by him and his wife walking side by side with three off leash dogs. This was after calling out loudly three times and being clearly ignored. Note, if you are going to be an asshole to the guy on a bike who was trying to be polite, you should be prepared for the biker to stop and respond. Chaparral was so crowded with people stopped and trying to figure out how to get down it, it made the line choice easy: go where people aren’t standing. I hope none of them took it as the right line to try, as it wasn’t.

Now to find my kid a new frame. He is not getting along with the HD4 I picked up. I like it, I can actually seem him for 4-5 turns instead of 1-2.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Saturday revisited Shell Ridge, Walnut Creek. It's been at least 6 years, and I remember why I haven't been back...No bikes on single track...smh

Sunday visited JNT for the first time. Did an out and back..reminds me of Emma Mcrary and Pogonip. Good ace to put in miles on a HT or short travel bike.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Older than I feel
1,907 Posts
Same old Long Ridge ride again late Saturday in perfect weather. Caught up with another rider on Peters Creek trail before the Jikoji Zen Center pond, and we leapfrogged each other for a while before he headed off to Saratoga Gap. It was good having someone to chat with.

·
singletrack bound
3,076 Posts
Two weeks in the Trinity Alps, 100 + degree days hanging on the lake and the river, no riding. Got home last night ( to the fog….yes!) and the crew and I promptly went out this AM and rode some…….trails out in Nisene and crushed it! Great welcome back ride.
no pic’s……

so glad to be back on the coast!

someone must have gotten injured around 1:30 or so as several State Parks vehicles and a Cal Fire vehicle came busting up the incline with lights and sirens on. Never heard what had happened. Hope it wasn’t life threatening.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hit the local with quite a crew. Some regulars, semi-locals, and newbies. Hit the some of the new stuff and established classics, then finished it off with some beers and a few games cornhole in the parking lot. Freakin awesome ride and fun time!

View attachment 1941325

View attachment 1941326

View attachment 1941374

I asked for feedback at the end of the ride and got a consistent, "More DC" feedback theme. Message received, more DC incoming!
So this last pic with the tree, is the skeleton for realz? Guess it got stuck up there and couldn't get back down or is it staged? Need to tie that into the trail name! :)

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
So this last pic with the tree, is the skeleton for realz? Guess it got stuck up there and couldn't get back down or is it staged? Need to tie that into the trail name! :)
Haha it is 100% real as are the three different cow legs hanging as decorations on various parts of the trail. So are the very real bones you'll see while riding. I think I basically cut the trail through a coyote / mountain lion kill room.

I nailed the spine / skull up there. And yes, the trail has an appropriately sinister name ?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.