Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are new to MTBing and the area but have already come to enjoy Bootleg Canyon. Had a great weekend riding with no flats (first time). Started out on Lake View Loop High and cut down what must be Poopchute and caught the jump section (cleared my first gap). We then rode the low section for a while and found a "short trail" that led over some rock jumps and manage my first 3' or so drop. Finished up by heading over to the small BMX track and messing around for a while. Managed to finally clear the tabletop after a couple tries and worked on that for a while. Not a bad weekend when you mix in 3 new MTBing firsts.

·
Registered
213 Posts
nice!

Glad to see you enjoying it. Most people scare off of BC when starting out.How does your wife like it. I took my lady out there once and that was it for her. She won't go anymore :( Maybe you'd like to join up for weekend rides?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's lovin' it!

We both enjoy BC. Love the trails and the challenge. The fire roads around our house are perfect for training but BC lets you put it to use.

I'm (well my bike) the problem right now. Flats are a menace in this territory. I've got to replace my stock tires but (1) can't figure out the right size (came with 2.3 and would like to try 2.5) and (2) can't seem to decide on the best way to try to lesson the chance of cactus/thorns punctures.

Maybe we'll see you out there. I ride a Jamis Dakar XLT 2 and she's got a GS 293.

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
1,644 Posts
Wife at Bootleg

I took my wife out there once several years ago. We were riding out Mother and when reached Oh S**t she turned around and went home -- with my truck. At least back then it was an easy albeit sandy ride into Henderson. She's never been back to BC with me. Cottonwood is fine, Rail Road Trail with kids is fine, she' even rode the Flume Trail with me last Saturday ------ BUT Bootleg -- not on your life!!!

MC

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trail guide

Where's the best place to find a comprehensive list (maps, books, etc.) of trails in the area? What's the next trail system to ride that closely resembles BC?

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Wolverine said:
Where's the best place to find a comprehensive list (maps, books, etc.) of trails in the area? What's the next trail system to ride that closely resembles BC?
There are two other places to ride: The Cowboy Trails and Cottonwood that I know of. Maps are scarce and hard to find for the most part. Im currentlty mapping out all the trails but its a work in progress. Either of these places are near impossible to get lost so get out and explore or hook up with us on morning rides,

Shawn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.