Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Me hates pinchflat
2,415 Posts
Warp said:
And no... I'm not Emo... I'm goth... I'm so goth, I shiat bats...
dont try to hide it warp. Come out of the emo-closet. Heres a proof that

WARP IS emo :rockon: and a bit ghey

Attachments

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
tacubaya said:
Heres my latest dose of Pimpkuza, requested by Warp!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This is what is all about... Who cares if I'm emo, or goth or whatever... well, maybe my wife.

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Yeah Minion is wider but the Motoraptor is taller... big volume on the back saves my ass when I ride like a pig or land jumps barhumpus-style!

Lemme see if I find 545 crapkuza

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Damnnnnn if you examine my 66 SL you can see only 150mm of stanchion are showing... I just saw that...

I released some air from the Negative side and it came to 170mm again but a BUNCH of black doppio oil came off too so I guess its time for some Marzocchi mantainance

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
tacubaya said:
Damnnnnn if you examine my 66 SL you can see only 150mm of stanchion are showing... I just saw that...

I released some air from the Negative side and it came to 170mm again but a BUNCH of black doppio oil came off too so I guess its time for some Marzocchi mantainance
Check the suspension board first...

Negative pressure "eating" positive travel is normal. You just set your fork too high on negative pressure. In that way you can reduce your fork's travel by 20mm. So 150mm is the max you can go down.

I don't know what your settings were before that, but I would be afraid of both chambers coming to equal pressures (in this case, travel would be 170mm, though). That means a seal failure.

Also, a bit of oil coming off the air valves is normal. It works like a rattle can. Air pushing oil out.

My first thought would be to pull off the valve cores and put in some oil, but I'm not sure. I've never serviced a Doppio cart...

I have the info required... in italian... let me take a look at and I'll be back at you. Patience, right now I'm stuffed with work...

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
People have been reporting than filling the negative chamber again with oil will increase striction and worsen everything.

My settings before that were:

Possitives: 12psi
Negative: 83psi
Par: 3psi

So it seems air has gone inside negative and reached 100psi+ in order to decrease travel...

Also the black doppio oil is Doppio lubrication but A LOT (15-22ml) came off... alarming.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
tacubaya said:
People have been reporting than filling the negative chamber again with oil will increase striction and worsen everything.

My settings before that were:

Possitives: 12psi
Negative: 83psi
Par: 3psi

So it seems air has gone inside negative and reached 100psi+ in order to decrease travel...

Also the black doppio oil is Doppio lubrication but A LOT (15-22ml) came off... alarming.
I'm not following...

So now you need more than 100psi to reduce travel??
Or pressure went alone to above to what you had before and reduced travel??

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Look man, I had those settings okay?

Then today I saw on the photos my 66 looked small... so I went to measure it and It was only 150mm...

I cant measure the pressures because some sick fvck stole my camelbak with my pump but when you rise Negative above 100psi the travel starts to reduce...

So I let some air out of the Negative and travel went up to 170mm as always but a BUCH of oil came out and Naz at Marzocchi told me that when the fork starts to stay down then I need to take it in for service..

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
tacubaya said:
Look man, I had those settings okay?

Then today I saw on the photos my 66 looked small... so I went to measure it and It was only 150mm...

I cant measure the pressures because some sick fvck stole my camelbak with my pump but when you rise Negative above 100psi the travel starts to reduce...

So I let some air out of the Negative and travel went up to 170mm as always but a BUCH of oil came out and Naz at Marzocchi told me that when the fork starts to stay down then I need to take it in for service..
The fork has three air chambers... I'm just watching at the schematics now...

Positive is not connected to the other two by any means.

Negative and PAR share the same cartridge body.

Semi-bath oil can't reach the inners of the doppio cart unless a catastrophic failure happens, so it should be oil coming from inside the cartridge itself.

Only thing that can fail is the main doppio cart piston seal and you may have air going from the PAR (if any) to the negative. In that case, putting just one cc or two of Float fluid (much thicker than fork oil, I have some) could make the thing to move free.

In any case, it may be that said piston needs to be lubed and it's sticking or that you have a positive leak to atmosphere and the negative is eating travel. It needs a couple psi to alter that balance as the positive air is a larger chamber.

Get a pump, go through the set-up again and check.

·
Me hates pinchflat
2,415 Posts
Warp said:
The fork has three air chambers... I'm just watching at the schematics now...

Positive is not connected to the other two by any means.

Negative and PAR share the same cartridge body.

Semi-bath oil can't reach the inners of the doppio cart unless a catastrophic failure happens, so it should be oil coming from inside the cartridge itself.

Only thing that can fail is the main doppio cart piston seal and you may have air going from the PAR (if any) to the negative. In that case, putting just one cc or two of Float fluid (much thicker than fork oil, I have some) could make the thing to move free.

In any case, it may be that said piston needs to be lubed and it's sticking or that you have a positive leak to atmosphere and the negative is eating travel. It needs a couple psi to alter that balance as the positive air is a larger chamber.

Get a pump, go through the set-up again and check.
oooooo the simplicity of coil :D

sorry, had to be said..... :lol::p

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
tacubaya said:
Yeah I'm no worried that much about it... but now I have to take it to North Vancouver for service :madman:
Hmmm.... check it first. If PAR or positive pressure is increasing, I'd worry.

Remove the schrader valve core in the PAR and pour in a cc or two in it and cycle the cartridge a few times.

It will not hurt it. It works just like an air shock canister. Shoot me by PM an e-mail address and I'll send you the info I got. You'll see that it makes sense what I'm talking about.

If it keeps acting up, then send it in.

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Warp said:
Hmmm.... check it first. If PAR or positive pressure is increasing, I'd worry.

Remove the schrader valve core in the PAR and pour in a cc or two in it and cycle the cartridge a few times.

It will not hurt it. It works just like an air shock canister. Shoot me by PM an e-mail address and I'll send you the info I got. You'll see that it makes sense what I'm talking about.

If it keeps acting up, then send it in.
I'm just reading about it and they strongly suggest not to put any oil inside the doppio as the Doppio oil is very special and any change in viscocity will decrease performance dramatically...

I just need to gather some money to take into service :madman: I'm broke right now..

41 - 60 of 104 Posts