Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey PingaMan,

We drove up Thursday to Jamaica,VT (3.5hrs) and stayed at a friends house for free
Friday AM, we drove to Killington (1hr approx) and rode there for free because we know someone who works there
Friday night we drove (1hr approx) to and camped (pop up camper) in Little River State Park Campground - Waterbury, VT for $16
Saturday we rode in Waterbury. That was free on public land
Saturday night we drove to East Burke (1.5hrs approx) and camped (pop up camper)for $25
Sunday we rode Kindom Trails all day (30 miles) for $6

when we weren't riding, driving or camping, we were hanging with friends at restaurants and brew pubs!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Hey, if your interested in ridding real VT trails and staying at a great B&B in the beautiful Mad River Valley, look me up. The wife & I just bought the Wilder Farm Inn in Waitsfield and the riding around here is amazing just like smerusi said. Tons of trails right in the Valley & Waterbury is only 10 min away. Check out our site www.wilderfarminn.com It's costs more then camping but the food is much better & the beds are comfy and the inn is very nice. Just thought you might like an option. Luke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lukeWFI, I read on here about your Inn after I got back. I would have loved to stop in, introduce myself, ride and share a beer with you.
i hope to get back up there again soon with my wife...I will be sure to look you up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Mergs!

I wanted to to get to Mt. Snow, but I just kept going north nowing I wanted to ride Kingdom Trails! If I had to do it over again, I would have rather riden Mt. Snow and not Killington.

If you havent already seen them, check these pictures of Waterbury out on the Vermont Forum:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=39735

Planning another trip up anytime soon? I hope to go up again after Allamuchy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,585 Posts
smerusi said:
Hey Mergs!

I wanted to to get to Mt. Snow, but I just kept going north nowing I wanted to ride Kingdom Trails! If I had to do it over again, I would have rather riden Mt. Snow and not Killington.

If you havent already seen them, check these pictures of Waterbury out on the Vermont Forum:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=39735

Planning another trip up anytime soon? I hope to go up again after Allamuchy.
Hey dude...

Wow, those are some sweet azz trails... terrain, of course, looks very similar to what I rode at Stowe. Did you ride that stick bridge? :eek: Looks a tad shaky :confused:

I have ridden Mt. Snow, its good. But I think for lift serviced riding I think Diablo still beats it. I have not ridden Killington but I have heard both good and bad (usually it depends on if I am talking to a Diablo rider or not). ;)

I might make it up in Sep again, or Oct. After that... its snowboard season, and then I'll def be up there! :D

I'll try to post here if I head up. I know a rider in Stowe and might have a contact for the Waterbury trails as well. Would be fun to link up with Luke and ride his trails too. I actually drove right past his BandB on Sat afternoon, about 4-5pm, but at the time I didn't realize it.

Anyway, if I get a call from a realtor, I may be up there real fast. :)
 

·
it's just baby phat..
Joined
·
865 Posts
snowboarding

mergs said:
Hey dude...

Wow, those are some sweet azz trails... terrain, of course, looks very similar to what I rode at Stowe. Did you ride that stick bridge? :eek: Looks a tad shaky :confused:

I have ridden Mt. Snow, its good. But I think for lift serviced riding I think Diablo still beats it. I have not ridden Killington but I have heard both good and bad (usually it depends on if I am talking to a Diablo rider or not).

I might make it up in Sep again, or Oct. After that... its snowboard season, and then I'll def be up there!

I'll try to post here if I head up. I know a rider in Stowe and might have a contact for the Waterbury trails as well. Would be fun to link up with Luke and ride his trails too. I actually drove right past his BandB on Sat afternoon, about 4-5pm, but at the time I didn't realize it.

Anyway, if I get a call from a realtor, I may be up there real fast. :)
mergs! how are ya buddy? we have to get together for some snowboarding this winter. next to mountain biking it's my favorite sport! hope all is well. will you be stopping by to check things out at the 24 hrs of the mooch?

phat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,585 Posts
phatbiker said:
mergs! how are ya buddy? we have to get together for some snowboarding this winter. next to mountain biking it's my favorite sport! hope all is well. will you be stopping by to check things out at the 24 hrs of the mooch?

phat
indeed, my man. let's get some ride time in over the winter. i'll do quick hits on hunter midweek when sudden pow days occur, and i tend to hit VT every other weekend or so.

chris with the blur and my pal marc are both riding on seperate teams. i may stop by and poach a loop or two with them. maybe wrench a little. problem is i have a wedding to attend on sat night, so this is why i am not in it this year. if i stop in, i will def. find team sandbag for sure, and say hello. :)

next year i'll prolly be in, as a solo

its raining... and i brought my bike to work today. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mergs said:
Hey dude...

Wow, those are some sweet azz trails... terrain, of course, looks very similar to what I rode at Stowe. Did you ride that stick bridge? :eek: Looks a tad shaky :confused:
I'll try to post here if I head up. I know a rider in Stowe and might have a contact for the Waterbury trails as well.
I did not ride that bridge (i am not that brave), but my buddy did. It was pretty stable. Well built.
 

·
it's just baby phat..
Joined
·
865 Posts
powder daze!

mergs said:
indeed, my man. let's get some ride time in over the winter. i'll do quick hits on hunter midweek when sudden pow days occur, and i tend to hit VT every other weekend or so.

chris with the blur and my pal marc are both riding on seperate teams. i may stop by and poach a loop or two with them. maybe wrench a little. problem is i have a wedding to attend on sat night, so this is why i am not in it this year. if i stop in, i will def. find team sandbag for sure, and say hello. :)

next year i'll prolly be in, as a solo

its raining... and i brought my bike to work today. :(
sign me up for powder days at hunter!. we have a cabin for allamuchy which should help with the rest. as for next year, i may do a solo as well. see you there. i am riding allamuchy on sunday if you're interested.

phat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,585 Posts
phatbiker said:
sign me up for powder days at hunter!. we have a cabin for allamuchy which should help with the rest. as for next year, i may do a solo as well. see you there. i am riding allamuchy on sunday if you're interested.

phat
ahh, good move. i had one of the cabins for 2 years. they are key. we had the one right across from showers.

hold your nose when you use those toilets. :eek: ;)

early am on sun, at the mooch?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,585 Posts
smerusi said:
I did not ride that bridge (i am not that brave), but my buddy did. It was pretty stable. Well built.
cool.

actually knowing the dudes that ride/maintain up there (e.g. JD and Hardy from Stowe), i'd be shocked if it was shaky. pics just don't do justice sometimes.

i will be on those trails before 04 is out. :)
 

·
it's just baby phat..
Joined
·
865 Posts
sure..

mergs said:
ahh, good move. i had one of the cabins for 2 years. they are key. we had the one right across from showers.

hold your nose when you use those toilets. :eek: ;)

early am on sun, at the mooch?
can you make it on sunday? i was thinking about 8am and get in a 3 hr ride at a decent pace. what up with gdr? do you think he may want to come? i haven't seen him arount the board lately.

phat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,585 Posts
phatbiker said:
can you make it on sunday? i was thinking about 8am and get in a 3 hr ride at a decent pace. what up with gdr? do you think he may want to come? i haven't seen him arount the board lately.

phat
i am gonna try and meet up with gdr on 5:30 at skyline tonight, but the rain is looking threatening again. it came down hard about 1 hr ago, but it likely to return.

sorry phat, can't make the am ride on sun. i won't be back in town til mid morning at the earliest.

i'll mention the mooch ride to gdr tonight, he'd likely want to join you. suns are usually good ride days for him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,585 Posts
phatbiker said:
can you make it on sunday? i was thinking about 8am and get in a 3 hr ride at a decent pace. what up with gdr? do you think he may want to come? i haven't seen him arount the board lately.

phat
phat, talked to greg (gdr), he's out for sun. something about working a double shift on sat until 10pm. then he's be too tired to ride in the morning. he's old, worthless and weak. ;)

btw, the trails were very slick tonight. :eek:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top