Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a couple shots to keep the trail memories alive while we all keep our noses to the grind stone. Remember, Saturday's coming...

This was shot at Red Bluff Recreation Area, not a trail system but as it turned out a great place to play with the bike. Shot this from a campsite that looks over the Huzzah Creek valley. Long pull up the hill gave me a 300 foot downhill run to the valley.

Anyone else do any riding this past weekend?

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
I took my first ride after breaking the CB a while back. Alas, it was on a road bike, but the route crossed the "lower 3 gaps" in N. Georgia. Same gaps that have been part of the mountain stages of the Tour De Georgia for the past few years. Couldn't stay on my 19 year old son's wheel, but kept him in sight :) With luck I will be back on a mountain bike by mid July.

Thanks for the pics

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hang in there and gedt back on that mountain bike! All the cyclists in Missouri are talking about the Tour de Georgia, seems we landed a Tour de Missouri for September. Discovery Team is taking part, they are comparing it to the Georgia Tour, which seems to be doing real well. There are 6 pro bike races coming to the state capital where I live, including one for mbers. Got me wanting a road bike now, come on Yeti...

·
Noo Zeelander
212 Posts
Trees ...

Big Jim Mac said:
Just a couple shots to keep the trail memories alive while we all keep our noses to the grind stone. Remember, Saturday's coming...

This was shot at Red Bluff Recreation Area, not a trail system but as it turned out a great place to play with the bike. Shot this from a campsite that looks over the Huzzah Creek valley. Long pull up the hill gave me a 300 foot downhill run to the valley.

Anyone else do any riding this past weekend?
Now thats what I like to see Big Jim ...Trees !!
And lots of them ....
And when you have trees you get roots ... mmmm lovely bumpy, slippery roots....:ihih: :arf: ;)

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pedalhed said:
Now thats what I like to see Big Jim ...Trees !!
And lots of them ....
And when you have trees you get roots ... mmmm lovely bumpy, slippery roots....:ihih: :arf: ;)
And shade...Not to mention the delicious ticks! Already one DEATH this summer from a tick bite here in mid-America. So check those nether regions post ride!

Can't figure out what those western dudes did with all their green. I am sure rocks grow there like trees do here.

·
Super Moderator
20,806 Posts
Pedalhed said:
Does it always rain there Cris ?
I thought it was summer there now ...:cool:
not always... but it rains quite a bit in summer... the thing is that rain is usually short ... but this weekend it was on and off on saturday...and the trails were already soaked... on sunday the weather improved..but only during the part of the day that I was busy with other stuff :madman:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts