Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
9 out of 10 stars for my weekend so far! Saturday Kennedy SS with the GF. Today LG man and me did the sufferfest Limekiln to El Sombroso deal and across the ridge then down a dry and a bit dusty dogmeat back to the truck. Don''t think anyone was out there on bikes but us. Done riding but the weekend isn't over yet. ;) photo 3.jpg Warning: Dogmeat is getting dryer by the minute ... don't put it off! :eekster:

·
Mtbr Founder
34,826 Posts
P3140259.jpg Here's the report for the very full weekend.

Did the gap ride and took Friday off to be with my kids. Fall Creek Park and Natural Bridges park were on the docket with some good food and dessert. I get so stoked with friends so I try to get my kids to seize the day now when we are free.
P3140230.jpg P3140040.jpg P3140219.jpg P3140252.jpg P3140257.jpg P3140256.jpg

It was a big day as well as Miguel was expecting a couple private high school admission letters at 5pm. The good news is he's in both Mitty and St. Francis. The bad news is I just became dead on balls broke. Holy tuition. He's getting financial aid but I don't know the package yet. Plus there's a little girl right behind him who's now seen the hype of private school.

At home, I taught + played with old friends' kids. We played baseball with one and rode and ran the pump track with another.
P3140065.jpg

Saturday was dig day. It was a special day of course as I finally saw first hand as I walked trails from the bottom and worked a bit with the crew. I was in charge of recruiting and feeding and it was a success.
IMG_3052-001.jpg
I missed two of my son's baseball games unfortunately as he came back from his worst outing last week, making mistakes on every single area in four games. But his spirits are high and he crushed the ball yesterday and is leading another team today.
1978408_10202517095721601_406474775_o.jpg
Today was an inadvertent bike ride as my colleagues took charge of the Demo Dig. It was a lovely day but interrupted by a very big tree. My friend who was right in front of me got sideways and smacked a tree. Broken shoulder blade and very painful trip to the hospital. The bad news is his wife comes back today from Tahoe with a torn calf from skiing.

So now I sit and wait for my daughter and friends. It was a weekend with one bad bike ride but it is a good weekend nonetheless. I need to stretch and have a beer. But not yet. Not yet.

fc

·
Formerly dvo
2,104 Posts
Saturday was spent running the gas tamper at the MTBR demo day ( why do my shoulders hurt this morning? ) and today was chasing rabbits up Montebello over to Borel Hill.... borelhill.jpg
Thanks to Francis for the new socks!
socks.jpg

·
Registered
135 Posts
Annadel was da kind today with four friends in our group and hero dirt/hero rock everywhere.There were many bikers, runners and a couple equestrians with whom we had the most seamless glide past ever. The ravens and redwood trees were in tune. We finished out after a rollicking flow down South Burma to North Burma with a Sumpin" ale on the residential sidewalk near Yulupa. All this and now a full moon? Nice weekend.
No pics- so much riding. That paints the pic though!

·
Formerly dvo
2,104 Posts
By the way the lovely representatives of the Mid Peninsula Open Space district were out on the Canyon trail yet again this weekend. They moved from their usual position up about a mile to the intersection of White Oak and Canyon trail where they can catch offenders from both directions. Always a safe bet that at least one speed trap on Canyon between Bella Vista and Charcoal on the weekend.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Surfing Saturday for 3 hours in the afternoon. Waves were starting to pick up, but a bit slow, lots of wild life in the water.

Sunday, singlespeed sufferfest at the local park. I hate a particular hill, but it builds me up for dealing w/ pains like Kennedy. Then wine tasting and a massage.

To regain my beer cred, I've got a few bottles of tasty suds on hold at Artisan Beer Depot which I will grab next time I pass through LG.

·
Getting hillier every day
1,280 Posts
Annadel with the wife, who absolutely kills it on her new HDR. Hero dirt, happy faces, and now Pliny on the couch while watching terrible movies. So good!

·
Custom User Title
7,429 Posts
Catching remnants of this year feeble snowfall at Squaw and Alpine. It was not bad. 60 degrees yesterday @Squaw in the afternoon. Ugh.

Took back the studded tire bike I kept at Tahoe for the season - with almost no use. Roads had been dry and clean the whole "winter".

·
Registered
776 Posts
Turned 40 this weekend. Rode down in Nevada City Sat and Sun. Saturday Missouri Bar/S Yuba etc. Sunday Scott's Flat/Miners/ whatsitcalled-No-ab? Super fun! Mrs. Svahn made a yummy cheesecake to cancel out all fitness gains!

·
Over it
3,799 Posts
Epically epic in SC. We stoked our friends from Socal both days, then checked out the big swell at Steamer Lane yesterday afternoon. Excellent.

VV Hey, Liz! Actually the swell was fading, maybe just 10-12 foot faces on the biggest sets. But it was toasty warm, there were otters in the surf, it was crowded like a summer day, and we had big fat burritos in our bellies! Sorry you had to breathe manure dust for hours...

"If you lived here, you'd be home now."

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Biggest ever

Rode AZT Saturday. I ususally need two days between rides for my knees to settle down. But I couldn't face another boring down day. So I took some extra Norco, turned my spinal cord stimulator up higher than ever, and finally got in that BCT 50 miler Monday. Missed the trail a few times but that just gave me more mileage.

<iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/463149368'></iframe>

·
J-Flo
1,740 Posts
Looks like a great time for Arizona. It was about as perfect a weekend as you could imagine in the Bay Area. 38 mile road ride on Saturday (I know, sorry) -- Grizzly Peak/Skyline to Pinehurst Loop and Back to El Toyonal/Wildcat loop. 22 miles at China Camp with the BHS team on Sunday.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts