Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oh yes there will be climbing and descending this weekend ... eh? :yesnod: FullSizeRender-109.jpg These tracking/Lion hunters are ready to get after the Cat in Sierra Azul. Chomping at the bit and waiting by the phone! :thumbsup:

·
Formerly dvo
2,025 Posts
Been in twice, blunt force with some fluid, cautious about infection, weekend of elevation ahead.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I was at Santa Teresa, up and down rocky ridge, down stiles, flat trail to ibm gate, up stiles to first top and down to the car.

I was chasing the sun but it won and letf. I forgot the phone in the car, so stupid me, i could not capture the moment. One small snake.

Quite a few dabs, but pretty satisfied for my first time climbing them. I saw many cheating lines by the side of the trail...

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Skeggs is a mudfest. Total unexpected. Rode there Friday June 5th. I have not ridden there when it has been that muddy in a long while. Not sure why it is so muddy since it hasn't been raining.

·
Mtn View, CA
490 Posts
Skeggs is a mudfest. Total unexpected. Rode there Friday June 5th. I have not ridden there when it has been that muddy in a long while. Not sure why it is so muddy since it hasn't been raining.
Fog collects in trees and drips. Same thing at Gap last weekend.

·
Registered
596 Posts
All of Skeggs, or just Sierra Morena trail? Usually Manzanite, Giant Salamander and Blue Blossom can be dry and Sierra Morena will be sloppy.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Heal up Dan!

Work is killing me!

Tried to ride El Sereno Thursday but got sent home by a fire drill at work.

Yesterday, bought a bow (Mathews No Cam HTR) for targets (not hunting). Thing is pretty dope. Set up a target in my backyard and kicked some ass. When the apocalypse begins, I have a garden, a way to get protein, and a way to kill zombies without making a sound or wasting ammo (if I can retrieve my sticks).

Then I went and rode Kennedy and it kicked my ass.

Off to NY for a week so I will be fat and slow come next weekend.

Attachments

·
Mtbr Founder
34,656 Posts
Heal up Dan!

Work is killing me!

Tried to ride El Sereno Thursday but got sent home by a fire drill at work.

Yesterday, bought a bow (Mathews No Cam HTR) for targets (not hunting). Thing is pretty dope. Set up a target in my backyard and kicked some ass. When the apocalypse begins, I have a garden, a way to get protein, and a way to kill zombies without making a sound or wasting ammo (if I can retrieve my sticks).

Then I went and rode Kennedy and it kicked my ass.

Off to NY for a week so I will be fat and slow come next weekend.
Sweet man, compound bow. It all works cause you can do it in the backyard!!

·
Mtbr Founder
34,656 Posts
All of Skeggs, or just Sierra Morena trail? Usually Manzanite, Giant Salamander and Blue Blossom can be dry and Sierra Morena will be sloppy.
Just the top is slopppppy joe. Usual suspects you know. But I don't think they've seen the sun up there in 45 days.

·
0 Posts
No. Front tire went off the trail to the right, sudden lack of front tire drove knee into ground hard.
Then shoulder... thought collar bone danger but no snapping sound. Good thing my brakes are semi fresh. Yer toes look dialed tho...

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Today I rode & hiked at Rancho San Antonio with the family. LoL

Surrealist. Depressing. Unfair. Rant Over

1 - 20 of 42 Posts