Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
surly inbred
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got nothing really, but the thread needs to be started. Rains continue here in the psuedo Pacific Northeast. Dirt road fodder yesterday followed by a techy grunt today that kicked me in the nuts. I'm ready for some suspension again since I seem to have plateaued and rather then getting stronger am getting beat up.

A lot of critters today. Deer, bear, prickly's & tourists abound. Chipmunk population is maintaining it's numbers nicely given the number of suicide attempts. I intend to go back to my primary camera for leaf peeping season since the iPhone sucks ass. Or I suck ass, I mean wind too much to hold the thing still. Speeking of leaf peepers, how ****ing hard is it to get lost within 100yards of the parking lot? I swear I spent half the ride playing tour guide.

I really really wanted to roll him. The dude was as big as a coffee table, I'm sure he could've taken it. Yes, I know better, besides he had a much harder climb than me ahead of him.

Tree'd a porcupine bombing a quick switchback. These guys are pretty cool.

Numbers are a bit skewed... trail clearing has been excessive this season.

What'd you do?

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
I had a race for my college team. I kinda lost. I managed to wash out in the first mile, and then the rocks and stuff totally kicked my 26" hardtail-ed ass in comparison to all the full-suspension 29ers in the field. I really do need to get some photos up here though. Eventually.

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Hockey and more hockey for me this weekend. I did stare at my bike and ponder a few times though.

Happy to report that out of three hockey games my kids won two, lost none, and tied one! Not bad.

·
Jam Econo
4,213 Posts
I thought turtles were going extinct in the Northeast? I haven't seen so many since I was a kid looking for them. I was going to take picture of one on Sunday but I was late to go eat pizza. He/she was standing on a log sticking out of a pond with his/her head stretched skyward.

I did take a couple pictures Saturday, but just of wet trails. I love how the trails are still in excellent shape when roads are being washed away (I don't love that roads are being washed away, just that the trails are in great shape).

Yeah, you're right eagle-eye, there's a derailleur on that bike (Sunday was SS)

This is actually a superfun trail that the picture does not do justice.

Why do they do this?

If you can't lift your fatass off the saddle to ride it, just walk it. Don't make some stoopid pile of branches on each side of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.