Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride sport vet class and will do around 24 miles of eastern short climb and rooty trails.
How hard would you ride the weekend before a race. I was thinking of doing the distance at
least, but should I try and go all out like a race or just do the miles. I know it's hard to mimic a race.
Strenght: Power, speed
Weakness: endurance

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Der Blaue Reiter said:
I ride sport vet class and will do around 24 miles of eastern short climb and rooty trails.
How hard would you ride the weekend before a race. I was thinking of doing the distance at
least, but should I try and go all out like a race or just do the miles. I know it's hard to mimic a race.
Strenght: Power, speed
Weakness: endurance
First decide if placing well in this race is more important than increasing fitness for future races.

If yes, most people would recommend decreasing training volume, but maintaining intensitity. It is probably too late for you to implement a peaking strategy, as those must be planned well in advance.

If no, I would still follow the advice above unless you have a well-planned out training plan centered around a few high priority races ...in which case, I would stick with the plan.

good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.