Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since you've all been missing my Lost Dog posts, I'm going out Weds. AM at around 5:30 on my standard "Workout Loop" in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve. Which is:
- In from 128th St.
- Ringtail to Lost Dog
- Lost Dog to Taliesin Overlook
- Down Quartz
- Up Taliesin
- Back up to the Overlook
- Back to Ringtail via Lost Dog or Brain's Wild Ride (the rocky doubletrack, depends...)
- Finish up down the Ringtail cholla garden back to 128th

A 1 1/2 hour ride. If you're back in there, wave, or join up if you want - I'll be rolling in at 128th around 5:30-35.

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dirtrodr said:
sure you dont want to hit up DD??
Sometime, but likely not tomorrow.

You were saying last week how much you wanted to come ride with me on a Weds. morning...:yesnod:

You can show off those new guns...

·
Meatpuppet
536 Posts
Well.............

I dont know about you Walt, but it was freakin' beautiful @ DD this morning.
I was pedaling by 5:40 and it was just nice out.....
I go with just a couple bottles and a seat bag w/ the essentials and its a good time to ride. I dont know, last summer I was all about the night time ride. But Im just exhausted from work lately..........Im a morning person...

Anyway, a touch humid but I'll take that w/ the coolness that it brings.
Im even going out sans headphones........weird.

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was rolling onto the trail at 5:35 am...truly good and enjoyable ride. 1:40 worth of trail time. Cloudy the whole time, a bit humid, not hot at all. Best time of the day.

Trails were very tacky with lots of muddy spots from puddles from the heavy rain of Monday afternoon. Nice not to have the dustiness, though I did wipe out when I washed the front out in a muddy spot going around a turn just after a downhill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.