Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Wick is going to be able to do these next year?

I thought they were tons of fun, and good training too.

·
Daverham Lincoln
156 Posts
Last time we talked about it (last summer) he was talking about moving them to North Seatac, but a lot has probably changed since then. Email him! His address is published on this page (http://wednesdaynightworlds.com/), so I imagine he won't mind me sharing it....

[email protected]

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got an e-mail from Wick today (and he announced it on mtbwashington.com) that Wednesday Night Worlds are on for this year. Tonight's race is canceled, but it should be starting up next week.

If you're not on mtbwashington.com, a lot more race content shows up on that site. I figure a few people might read this forum more.

·
Daverham Lincoln
156 Posts
Funny, I got an email from him too. In response to one that I sent him on Feb 1! I guess he checks his email very three months. So... I guess it's happening in the same place? There was some talk about venue change at the end of last year, but he didn't say anything about that in his email.

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wick made an announcement on mtbwashington.com yesterday. In it, he mentions that he's going to be holding the race at North Seatac some weeks.

·
I should be out riding
1,866 Posts
The only thing I know of is the Evergreen time trial series at Duthie.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yes, I'll be holding the Evergreen Time Trial series at Duthie starting mid-May. There will also be a series of xc races down at Black Diamond that is tentatively set up for mid to late summer. The problem with finding a replacement for South Seatac is finding someplace close enough to Seattle so people can get there at a reasonable time. I can do the time trials at Duthie because a. I don't have to close any trails and b. you can come and race it any time between 5 and 7:30.

·
Registered
354 Posts
In addition to what has been posted. Ron Flores at Bike Masters and Boards in Maple Valley is working with some other local racers to put a Wednesday night series together in August at Henry's Ridge. They have all the approvals from the county and the HOAs so it is a go. Ron has a facebook page for his shop if you want to give him a shout. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
293 Posts
The Bicycle Paper's 2012 NW Race Guide lists the Wednesday Night Worlds starting April 4th and continuing through August 29th at South Seatac Park. 6PM start time for beginners, 7 PM for everyone else.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All. I am indeed putting together a three-race series to be held in Black Diamond at Henry's Ridge on August 8, 15 and 22. We have three courses mapped out--2 mass starts and a time trial--that are awesome. If it works out, I will do the race series next year for a month or two. Right now we are debating what time to start, keeping in mind that we need to be out of there by dark, so the place would need to be vacated by 8:15-ish. We'd love to do a bbq afterward, but right now we're crunched for time. What's the earliest you guys think you could make it there and be ready to race?
Ron Flores
Bike Masters & Boards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wed Nights at Henry's Ridge

Wednesday nights in august there will be 3 races at Henry's Ridge host by Bike Masters and Boards. Details will be posted soon, keep checking BikeMasters.net for info or call Ron at the store 425-584-7508

·
Registered
245 Posts
That is awesome news, as far as time the wed races used to be 6:00 for beginner and 7:00 for sport-expert,if you are going to do a mass start I think 6:30- 7:00.. Races were never longer than 2 hours more like around 1:30 as far as race time..

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There was maybe going to be something on Grand Ridge, probably linking up some of the options near I-90. I haven't heard anything lately, though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.