Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK let's have some fun at Skeggs again on Wednesday.
5pm loop: Tafoni - Fir - Resolution - ECdM - (optional Sierra Morena) - Skyline Blvd back to Skeggs point.
6pm loop: something that includes Manzanita - Steam Donkey - Giant Salamander.
Bring some snacks and drinks to share afterwards.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I think ill be there but the ecdm loop is a bit short for my 5pm hour. if anyone wants to join me im going to try to hammer a sierra morena - blue blossom - cross over - timberview loop and then meet up with the 6pm group

·
Registered
445 Posts
Don't know if I can get off work by 5, but if I can, I'm in!

Who else is in? Hopefully going to be a big crew like it was last time I went on one of these!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rox: We can start a little earlier than 5pm, say 4:45pm, and do Sierra Morena, Blue Blossom, Cross-over and back up via Manzanita - or maybe this loop is even nicer in reverse?
The 6pm ride could then be Tafoni - Fir - Resolution - North Leaf - Methusalah - Giant Salamander - back up via Manzanita.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
JL de Jong said:
Rox: We can start a little earlier than 5pm, say 4:45pm, and do Sierra Morena, Blue Blossom, Cross-over and back up via Manzanita - or maybe this loop is even nicer in reverse?
The 6pm ride could then be Tafoni - Fir - Resolution - North Leaf - Methusalah - Giant Salamander - back up via Manzanita.
Looks like I'll bring my FS bike. I don't think I can ride up Manzanita with my rigid SS 29er.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
good idea, ill try to make it a little early but no promises. we can see how much time is left when we hit the crossover junction...

JL de Jong said:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'll try to be ready to ride at 4:45 but I've never ridden with anyone from MTBR. Are you meeting at the parking lot/overlook or at one of the other ECDMC gates? I'm in a black mini, silver blur.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, we're meeting at the main Skeggs Point parking lot. I'll put on my MTBR shirt. J.L.

·
Mtbr Founder
34,646 Posts
Right on. Hope it fun brah. I'm playing in the water in the land of many vowels.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I'm going to be up there tonight but not sure what time. Probably b/w 5-6. I will be wearing an Olympic Club jersey, black blur. Hope to catch one of the groups heading out for a few hours.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
twas a good ride last night, excepting the giant mud pits known as sierra morena and upper fir. arrived a little too late to catch the 5pm ride, set off on a blue blossom loop attempting to catch the group. after wasting so much time backtracking and walking through mud I arrived back at the gate just as the 6pm ride was leaving. turns out they took a different route and did a resolution loop instead of blue blossom.

headed back down manzanita and steam donkey, then up crosscut to salamander, where were ran into markmass and sctreehugger riding the wrong way. i mean who wants to go UP salamander? then picked up one_speed riding solo at the bottom of methuselah. was good to meet mttamrnr and induct the newbie wiredspoke into his first mtbr ride.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
JL thanks for the tour, and the trail mix....

I was toast after without suffering through the early loop. Never climbed up North Leaf or Resolution either, great climbing trails as well as downhill trails.

Hope to be down there again next Wednesday. Great mid week ride.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for joining me yesterday. I totally overdid the riding the last few days and am enjoying some much needed rest today after a broken night sleep.
5pm loop: Tafoni - Fir - Resolution - ECdM - Sierra Morena - Skyline blvd back to the lot
6pm loop: Fir - Manzanita - Cross-over - Gordon Mill - down Steam Donkey - Gordon Mill Cross-over - Timberview - Giant Salamandar - Methusalah - North Leaf - Resolution - Fir and Tafoni.

·
MarkyMark
1,352 Posts
SCTreehugger and I got there late so we missed the main group. We mostly followed the route that JL posted earlier, but mixed it up and added in some extra climbing. With all of the mud, I'm kinda glad we rode up Sierra Morena.

Fir --> down Resolution --> North Leaf --> Methusalah --> up Giant Salamander --> down Cross-over/Cross-Cut --> up Gordon Mills --> up Upper Steam Donkey --> road --> down Blue Blossom --> up Spring Board --> road --> up Sierra Morena + cleaned the wall!

~15.5 miles w/ 3000 ft of climbing in ~2 hours

Nice seeing everyone out there!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah. second what everyone else said. thanks for showing me around ECDMC. it was great to meet everybody and have some riding partners to push me up the hills until my a$$ was whipped. feeling pretty alright today though and ready to go again...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts