Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sunday, I had an opportunity to get out on my MTB for the first time this spring. I had considered going to Fountainhead, but I live up in Sterling, and it was getting late, so I decided to try Colt's Neck (Reston / Skate rink). To my happy surprise, it was in very good condition. The worst part was some muck in the trees just on the east side of where Colvin Run intersects Rt7.

Anywho, I think I'm headed out again tomoroow (Wednesday) evening. I think it may be time to start up the old Wednesday evening rides at Colt's Neck. Hopefully this summer will be a bit drier than the past two.

Man! Why couldn't we get a good ski season and a good biking season linked up? The past two summers have sucked around here for mountain biking, but the past couple of winters have been great for skiing. Before that, we had good dry riding weather in the summer, but had a string of absolutely dismal winters (for skiing - I guess they were good for biking, but I ski in the winter, not bike).

·
Banned
6,057 Posts
JohnnyTooBad said:
On Sunday, I had an opportunity to get out on my MTB for the first time this spring. I had considered going to Fountainhead, but I live up in Sterling, and it was getting late, so I decided to try Colt's Neck (Reston / Skate rink). To my happy surprise, it was in very good condition. The worst part was some muck in the trees just on the east side of where Colvin Run intersects Rt7.

Anywho, I think I'm headed out again tomoroow (Wednesday) evening. I think it may be time to start up the old Wednesday evening rides at Colt's Neck. Hopefully this summer will be a bit drier than the past two.

Man! Why couldn't we get a good ski season and a good biking season linked up? The past two summers have sucked around here for mountain biking, but the past couple of winters have been great for skiing. Before that, we had good dry riding weather in the summer, but had a string of absolutely dismal winters (for skiing - I guess they were good for biking, but I ski in the winter, not bike).
Those Wed. night rides were just too darn early - us DC desk monkeys are still fighting traffic to get across the river at 5:30!

·
irrepressible derelict
22 Posts
I am SO in for this week's ride. I'll probably be at the trail head around 5:30-6:00. Wife gets home around 5:30 and takes over baby duty. It's light enough out to trail ride till well after 8:00, so I don't mind getting a later start if it means that more folks can make the ride.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do you all welcome new comers? Im experienced with the colt neck trail but havent ridden in a while. Im looking to get back into it. I could use some consistency to get back into shape. My wife is about to pop out baby # 2 so I may not be available for several weeks. At this point I am just looking for a group that I can hook up with.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.