Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in a LARGE group pre-ride of the Otter is welcome to join from 7-11 on Portola Dr. just off of Hwy 68 next Wed. The fun begins at 6pm, so 1 light may be necessary towards the end of the ride.

- Just for kicks, we may start with The Goat Trail AND finish with The Goat Trail cause it's soooo [email protected] much fun!!! ;)

Come join the madness :D

·
Registered
681 Posts
DMFT said:
Anyone interested in a LARGE group pre-ride of the Otter is welcome to join from 7-11 on Portola Dr. just off of Hwy 68 next Wed. The fun begins at 6pm, so 1 light may be necessary towards the end of the ride.

- Just for kicks, we may start with The Goat Trail AND finish with The Goat Trail cause it's soooo [email protected] much fun!!! ;)

We'll be out there on the tandem, but we're heading out a bit earlier than 6. Maybe we will see you guys. Does the group still head for Bobby's afterwards?

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
DMFT said:

Count me in! I've got something for your buddy with the garage/Nascar bar.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, we will be heading to "Anza Dr. Summer HQ" I believe for refreshments :D

- Just don't run OVER us on the tandem Sabine! :p

·
Old Guy that rides
183 Posts
we'll be there too

a group of us are heading out at 5:30 from the dirt lot across from the GP "A" campground. Hope everyone has a great time.

DMFT said:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope -

Singlespeed is calling so I took a pass on the Tandem deal........

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, the Sun. 9 AM from 7-11 is on........

·
Registered
31 Posts
SO to SFO

I need to get from SO to SFO immediately after the xc race (two semi-pro men and a pro woman). What is the fastest way to the airport (can you seek out the east side of Laguna Seca)??? Last year we had extra time so driving back to Monteray and then up 1 to whatever over to 101 worked fine but this year we have an 8 PM flight, have to return a rental car and box our bikes. Thanks for any suggestions (other than get a later flight).
OGDHr said:
a group of us are heading out at 5:30 from the dirt lot across from the GP "A" campground. Hope everyone has a great time.

·
Old Guy that rides
183 Posts
jcgould said:
I need to get from SO to SFO immediately after the xc race (two semi-pro men and a pro woman). What is the fastest way to the airport (can you seek out the east side of Laguna Seca)??? Last year we had extra time so driving back to Monteray and then up 1 to whatever over to 101 worked fine but this year we have an 8 PM flight, have to return a rental car and box our bikes. Thanks for any suggestions (other than get a later flight).
out the east side of LS, up 68 to salinas, right on E Blanco, get on 101 north and stay on it to SFO

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bump...........

Well, most of us here on the Nor-Cal board have figured out the course is a little, ummm, different this year :p

So, Wed. eve at 6pm a large group of knuckleheads will depart from 7-11 off of Portola Dr. for a good to fast pace pre-ride of the marked course.

- It looks as though it will be a "Blue-Groove" for much of the course with the lovely sand traps & occasional mud hole thrown in for good measure :D

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
DMFT said:
Well, most of us here on the Nor-Cal board have figured out the course is a little, ummm, different this year :p

So, Wed. eve at 6pm a large group of knuckleheads will depart from 7-11 off of Portola Dr. for a good to fast pace pre-ride of the marked course.

- It looks as though it will be a "Blue-Groove" for much of the course with the lovely sand traps & occasional mud hole thrown in for good measure :D
I'll see you guys at the 7-11 tonight!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes - Bring a Light!

·
Totally, and to the max.
2,555 Posts
Fast Ed and I will be there, too.

We'll try to get there by 6 pm, but shouldn't be a problem. See you there!!!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sweet.

- This is shaping up to be a pretty big group. We're going in Behind the 7-11 through Toro Hills Estates, make our way onto the "White Road" (same fireroad you descend when you come out of Couch/Hurl Hill), we'll swing a Right onto the course and start with Moto Valley/Goat Trail the proceed on with the course.
- If there's anything left in the tank, some folks will hit Goat Trail for a 2nd time because it's so [email protected] much fun then exit across the creek onto Anza Dr. for post-ride refreshments :D

·
Totally, and to the max.
2,555 Posts
Hey DMFT,

Is the 7-11 off of the Portola Drive that's off of Reservation Rd.? If so, how far down Portola is it? We weren't able to see the 7-11 the last (only) time we started on that side, but we weren't looking that hard either. Just want to make sure we find y'all...

·
Registered
681 Posts
DMFT said:
Sweet.

- This is shaping up to be a pretty big group. We're going in Behind the 7-11 through Toro Hills Estates, make our way onto the "White Road" (same fireroad you descend when you come out of Couch/Hurl Hill), we'll swing a Right onto the course and start with Moto Valley/Goat Trail the proceed on with the course.
- If there's anything left in the tank, some folks will hit Goat Trail for a 2nd time because it's so [email protected] much fun then exit across the creek onto Anza Dr. for post-ride refreshments :D
ugh..too much work. I can't make it tonight. Tell the guys hi and tell Don to be good to our Stingray.

Sabine

1 - 20 of 21 Posts