Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,368 Posts
Maybe I'll do this. I don't think I'll get the rear wheel built for the rfx, so it's highline or KM, and I'm thinking highline at a "social pace".

·
Fragile - must be Italian
2,308 Posts
Oooohhh....sounds like fun. And "social pace" could give me the perfect excuse to attempt National on my singlespeed. I've always wanted to try National on a 29'er hardtail.

I'm a solid maybe at this point. Will post up later with a definite yea or nay.

Thx...Doug

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dgangi said:
Oooohhh....sounds like fun. And "social pace" could give me the perfect excuse to attempt National on my singlespeed. I've always wanted to try National on a 29'er hardtail.

I'm a solid maybe at this point. Will post up later with a definite yea or nay.

Thx...Doug
well you know what happens when I host a pre-holiday ride :D this one will be tame - i don't drink and ride National. hope to see you and Rita (though why anyone would ride a HT SS on National when they have a perfectly good all-mountain bike is beyond me ;) )

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,368 Posts
In like flint. Not supposed to snow much tomorrow (so no big powder day a Snowblow), so SoMo sounds like a good alternative.

·
Fragile - must be Italian
2,308 Posts
chollaball said:
well you know what happens when I host a pre-holiday ride :D this one will be tame - i don't drink and ride National. hope to see you and Rita (though why anyone would ride a HT SS on National when they have a perfectly good all-mountain bike is beyond me ;) )
Well...you might not be drinking this time, but that's not gonna prevent me from partaking in a few Xmas libations. :thumbsup:

And you should know by now that reason goes out the window with me. Yeah...I know I have a perfectly good all-mountain rig that's perfect for National, but for some reason I feel compelled to give it a go on the singlespeed. I was tempted to try Rita on Alta last Sunday but was talked out of it (but I will try it at some point soon..."just because").

BTW -- my boo-boo's from the last wipeout on Rita have finally healed over, leaving some nice pink scars. The torn flesh on my hip took forever to stop oozing and heal over.

Thx...Doug

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,368 Posts
We should always start group rides at 1:30pm.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.