Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was 73 yesterday and like 65 today..I find that slightly disturbing and scarry being january 6th and 7th. But Im lovin it. I Live in maine and my grass is green, and I went to the trails today to do some trail work and riding, and you could stick a shovel strait in to the ground. I dont think were going to need a groundhogs day today.:skep:

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,968 Posts
I have already ranted about the issue so I will just say that the situation is disappointing. I really like riding frozen trails. Last winter, we had very cold temps without snow. The riding was the best I had seen anywhere at any time in my life. It was like riding slickrock everywhere for weeks on end. This winter with it's freeze/thaw cycles has made it like spring riding a lot of the time with sections of hoar frost, half frozen puddles and streams. However, the end of this week is looking great. I'll take the cold and wear the gear I spent good money on over riding in summer gear in January. Call me crazy, but I like the challenge the cold has to offer. I think we could all agree that New England will not be New England without it's signature winters. Perhaps selfishly, I don't want to see it change.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Do you guys have any snow up there yet?
I have to admit that I've really been enjoying the nice weather but like indyfab25, I kind of like riding in the hardpack too. When the mud freezes you can really cover a lot of ground and the traction is amazing.
You could actually dig a hole with no problem in the ground down here and it's January 10th, very odd.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, we dug dirt jumps on saturday lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts