Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Come on, now, cupcake. Put on some layers and quit yer whining. ;) You're not going to let a little cold get in the way of riding are ya? It's not like we live in Minnesota...

As for what to do? Ride, of course! The local trails are mostly tacky/dry and the weather channel isn't predicting much precipitation. Ride in the afternoon when the temps are highest and avoid the muddy bits. There are always the paved trails if things get really desperate.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
practice yer skills. bunny hops, wheelies, manuals, ride skinnies(curbs!!). drop ledges, send it down a steep flight of stairs! after all that you can do all the push-ups and pull-ups
you want for free! Houston needs a Colonnade!!!

·
Banned
1,464 Posts
CmdrChode said:
Come on, now, cupcake. Put on some layers and quit yer whining. ;) You're not going to let a little cold get in the way of riding are ya? It's not like we live in Minnesota...

As for what to do? Ride, of course! The local trails are mostly tacky/dry and the weather channel isn't predicting much precipitation. Ride in the afternoon when the temps are highest and avoid the muddy bits. There are always the paved trails if things get really desperate.
I dunno what yer smokin, but Memorail is closed, THP is wet, JB is flooded, the others are all over an hour away... So no.

The cold I can live with, at 45 I'll be fine in tshirt and shorts if I ride fast enough.

Its the wet that pisses me off. I'm sick of double lake.

I guess Sun/Mon I can hit RHR and either Warda or Huntsville.

·
Pedaler of dirt
903 Posts
Nah, THP will be rideable Saturday. Didn't get that much rain.

I'll be out on my single speed on the trails this weekend bundled up like Randy...

·
Ultimate Clydesdale
15 Posts
My buddy and I went and tooled around Abilene the other day out of desparation.... It wasn't fun, cool, or inspiring but it was something to do outside on my bike. Next week it looks to be warmer and Buck Creek will be ridable (hopefully). I have just been watching YouTube vids of biking to pass the time inside, but it doesn't come close to satisfying the need to go shred some trails. It has been a wet, cold and depressing two weeks!:smallviolin:

·
Pedaler of dirt
903 Posts
It wasn't too bad if you wrapped up well. I had to go through a couple of boxes to find my winter cycling gear and managed a few hours along the Anthills.

·
Banned
1,464 Posts
You people are weak. 40-65 is PERFECT biking weather. I hit Huntsville on Sat with nothing but shorts, a tshirt, and occasionally a light thermal shirt. Twas perfect.

RHR was GORGEOUS today.

Now I'm off to Nashville, where I will suck it up and ride in weather ranging from teens to 50s. Cold won't stop me, nor will snow. Only muddy trails.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Toff said:
Nope, 80s for me is perfect biking weather. I'd rather it be 100 than 60.
i just find it more fun to work "up" a sweat as opposed to starting off or even before I've had time to check tire/shock pressures I'm already sweating my ass off! Give me cold ride days over hot ones anyday all day!

like the man said those days'll be here soon enough.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.