Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to thank everybody who took time out of their day to vote for Bad Idea Racing in the Race Face Ultimate XC Challenge and send us to the Trans Rockies. Josh the Wonderboy and I now have three weeks to prepare for the trip of a lifetime (seems like I've had a few of these, but I'll take another). Thanks for spreading the word, and I'll be sure to share with the class. I'm pretty sure part of the deal involves a daily blog leading up to and during the race so follow along if you're curious to see how this goes for us.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe I am looking forward to doing this again????

Attachments

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drevil said:
Awesome! I just got the e-mail from Race Face saying so. Good luck (yawl)! :thumbsup:
Thanks
Now my schedule looks like this:
two weeks till Wilderness 101
three weeks till Trans Rockies
five weeks till the E100 in Park City UT
six weeks till the SM 100
seven weeks till my funeral

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
teamdicky said:
Thanks
Now my schedule looks like this:
two weeks till Wilderness 101
three weeks till Trans Rockies
five weeks till the E100 in Park City UT
six weeks till the SM 100
ironbike? werent you doing that race in italy?

good luck, take care of yourself. your schedule sounds more brutal than a bangkok hooker's.

i voted for you. thank me after the race.

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jh_on_the_cape said:
ironbike? werent you doing that race in italy?
good luck, take care of yourself. your schedule sounds more brutal than a bangkok hooker's.
i voted for you. thank me after the race.
I decided to bail on the Iron Bike race in Italy when I chose to do the Ultra Series of hundies. If I hadn't bailed on it I would be heading to Italy at the end of this week (spending thousands of $$$'s). Not doing Italy opened me up to the option of entering the RF Challenge. It all worked out quite nicely, I think?

·
Expert Pushing SSer
1,503 Posts
teamdicky said:
I doubt it. You'll be in the finest of shape. Easy days will be spent doing 75 miles strolling through the woods. 100 here, 100 there, it will be cake in the end. Now, go get'em! Nice work. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Your welcome. I just read my email from RF. Apparently it was my vote that pushed you over the top in the voting. Your blog better be good, I need something to make up for having to watch all those videos and registering emails just to cast my vote. Congrats!

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
teamdicky said:
I decided to bail on the Iron Bike race in Italy when I chose to do the Ultra Series of hundies. If I hadn't bailed on it I would be heading to Italy at the end of this week (spending thousands of $$$'s). Not doing Italy opened me up to the option of entering the RF Challenge. It all worked out quite nicely, I think?
The TR is probably much better than the Italian race. I would choose that, too, even without the financial consideration.

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jh_on_the_cape said:
The TR is probably much better than the Italian race. I would choose that, too, even without the financial consideration.
It's a hard call. The Oron Bike started with a night prologue, it went through the Alps (days after the TDF), cheaper entry, more expensive ticket, and I haven't done it already. TR does have some bad-ass singletrack and boiled eggs for breakfast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.