Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
If you have to ask...
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our team, the SCUMBAGSS, totally dominated the 24 Hours of Temecula this last weekend. From the very first lap, we knew the race was ours. We had it in the bag, completely demoralizing the competition with our amazing manliness and superhuman pain thresholds. We actually racked up 19 MORE LAPS than the next team.

How did we manage this? How could a bunch of lowly scumbags such as ourselves absolutely and without mercy demoralize and humiliate all of the other SS teams?

I'll tell you how. We raced, and none of you did. That's right, you were all girlymen, and just the idea that we'd be there pushing the pace on a course known far and wide for it's brutality was enough to keep you at home in bed, with the sheets pulled over your heads, sucking your thumbs and crying for Mommy. Not one other team entered the SS division.

Hah. Pansies. Next year, we'll do it again.

Squeal like a pig, boys.

miles

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
for fun

miles said:
Hah. Pansies. Next year, we'll do it again.

Squeal like a pig, boys.

miles
WOW! nice sportmanship! AWESOME! what nice way to say that everyone sucks but you.

I'm sure the other teams raced for fun, because that's what it is supposed to be. FUN!

In the mean time, I took out the garbage, and its raining...fenders are on the bike...ready for tomorrow's fun commute.

·
Fueled by Wahoo's
147 Posts
Nice work...

miles said:
Our team, the SCUMBAGSS, totally dominated the 24 Hours of Temecula this last weekend.
How was the new course? I rode on a slow/just for kicks team the first two years. Didn't make it out this time around.

I remember seeing a team name similar to yours but I don't think you guys ever participated as a pure SS entry, correct?

Would you do it on SS again next year?

D

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Well, I coulda finished second with one crankarm zip-tied to the chainstay!

If I had entered.
Or knew that there was a race.
And was not in Oregon.

uhhmmm...
...I'm Me and You Aren't!

When are you heading north again?

·
If you have to ask...
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We've got a track record

The new course was tougher, with new, sketchy downhills and more riding climbing (as opposed to walking climbing) and two really steep hikes (do you remember the photo opportunity downhill? Yeah, the steep with the rocks? Well, you carry your bike UP that now). Sadly, the Tunnel Of Love is MIA, as well.

Yeah, we SCUMBAGS rode year 1 as an Open 4 Man, because two of us wanted multiple gears. Last year we ran SS/Rigid, though, and won cool first place jerseys.

I would only ever compete in this race on an SS. Do you know why? I wouldn't be able to muster the willpower to stay out of my granny ring and big cog for most of the race, if I had them. I'll be honest and say that I dearly prayed for a lower gear than I had, that's for certain.

miles

By the way, SCUMBAGS is the racing name for any team drawn from our riding club, regardless of personnel line-up. Look for an additional S in the name if it's single speed.

DirkSSter said:
How was the new course? I rode on a slow/just for kicks team the first two years. Didn't make it out this time around.

I remember seeing a team name similar to yours but I don't think you guys ever participated as a pure SS entry, correct?

Would you do it on SS again next year?

D

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Yeah, it's just fun me

We will kick all you "just out for fun riders" asz...http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?postid=863068#poststop
I shouldn't be saying this because I wanna win again. For a third year in a row. I rode for fun and sukced.
I guess that I'll just have to train for next years race. I rode new years day, [email protected] and San Juan Trail and that is about it for the first quarter of this year. NBD for this race.

ernesto_from_Wisconsin said:
WOW! nice sportmanship! AWESOME! what nice way to say that everyone sucks but you.

I'm sure the other teams raced for fun, because that's what it is supposed to be. FUN!

In the mean time, I took out the garbage, and its raining...fenders are on the bike...ready for tomorrow's fun commute.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.