Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check it out and please vote. This is a big deal and would get things started for the bike park at Fort Tuthill. The grant would get the first two flow trails on the ground. Thanks!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Done and shared via social media. I would love an excuse to build a pump track bike and a place to work on my sub par jumping skills without a huge penalty for failure. I think being a mountain biker in Flag is going to kick some serious ass in the next few years.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Done and shared via social media. I would love an excuse to build a pump track bike and a place to work on my sub par jumping skills without a huge penalty for failure. I think being a mountain biker in Flag is going to kick some serious ass in the next few years.
A renaissance of sorts? I hope so! Big things for the future of Flagstaff if we continue to push for the needed changes, I'm very excited! Thanks everyone for your participation!

I'm also stoked for some safe areas for working on skills, with limited opportunities in the area my jumping skills are lacking and I can't wait to work on that.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another thing I have noticed as of recent with riding in Sedona is that our trail system is lagging.......like big time. With the MEDL DLH Proposal and the Fort Tuthill Park hopefully we can catch up and make Flag everything it can and should be for locals, visitors, and all of the trail groups out enjoying the trail system.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Voted for the Fort Tuthill project...

...but I was briefly tempted to vote for Soquel.
When we rode there several years ago my face hurt from grinning so much!

-db-

·
Registered
827 Posts
voted for it as it's only a 15 minute ride away and my primary riding area but I really can't see the summer horse crowd getting on board with the idea. I'd rather see a bigger trail system in the forest to the south and west of Ft tuthill than more congestion within a fairly small park.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
voted for it as it's only a 15 minute ride away and my primary riding area but I really can't see the summer horse crowd getting on board with the idea. I'd rather see a bigger trail system in the forest to the south and west of Ft tuthill than more congestion within a fairly small park.
Huh? I'm not sure you understand where this is at already. It's beyond getting people on board, this is approved and planned. All the project needs now is the $. This isn't the kind of park you will see built on FS land, it needs to be on a property like Fort Tuthill.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
In case you don't know, the Kelly Canyon trail project with Coc. Trail Riders will be multi-use. This area is just to the south of Ft. Tuthill. West of the area and 10 miles southwest of Flagstaff is the Roger's Lake trail project. FBO has three trails days planned for the project in 2014. Flagstaff Biking Organization » Trail Program

History and an overview of the bike park project can be found here: http://flagstaffbiking.org/wp-conte...cept-Plan-30-September-2013-smaller-file1.pdf

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice job, I was about to make a similar post. This can be the start of something big.
I think you are right bikerjay. Not only is this project awesome but it puts gravity riding a little more in the spotlight. It's not going to be a park for just the best of the best, it's going to be a place for family's and riders of all ability levels to work on skills. It will feed this aspect of the sport and hopefully influence the community as a whole that more outlets for progressive riding are needed. DH/FR and AM specific trails for Elden/DLH are in the works, now we just need Snowbowl on board too, I like to think this is a step taking us in that direction!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I think you are right bikerjay. Not only is this project awesome but it puts gravity riding a little more in the spotlight. It's not going to be a park for just the best of the best, it's going to be a place for family's and riders of all ability levels to work on skills. It will feed this aspect of the sport and hopefully influence the community as a whole that more outlets for progressive riding are needed. DH/FR and AM specific trails for Elden/DLH are in the works, now we just need Snowbowl on board too, I like to think this is a step taking us in that direction!
Snowblow is seriously considering snowbikes next year and in fact did some experimentation with it this spring. Or let Paul B. use his. JR has indicated more interest in moving in that direction for trails and lift-access biking as well. Talk is cheap, we'll see if he's serious about that but the realignment of chair 1 and moving chair 3 to the Yogi catwalk and the top of Rt.66 and Dutchman is what needs to happen first. The Agassiz chair goes too high and accesses terrain that is too steep and the FS isn't nearly as hip to the idea.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Snowblow is seriously considering snowbikes next year and in fact did some experimentation with it this spring. Or let Paul B. use his. JR has indicated more interest in moving in that direction for trails and lift-access biking as well. Talk is cheap, we'll see if he's serious about that but the realignment of chair 1 and moving chair 3 to the Yogi catwalk and the top of Rt.66 and Dutchman is what needs to happen first. The Agassiz chair goes too high and accesses terrain that is too steep and the FS isn't nearly as hip to the idea.
The scenic chair runs so slow during the summer, I think it's a 45 minute ride up? It would also create a congestion nightmare up top. The detached midway chair is key for sure.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts