Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mongoose Kakok Foundation Project

Having a broken leg really restrains you from doing anything. So I figured I would give back to our global world. My parent's family friends have started a foundation in Haiti on their own, building a school and medical center. The husband is an avid road cyclist so I know he will be happy to hear about this project (they don't get to check email very often down there).

I've decided that with the help from the bike community we can repair and make this Mongoose Zero G a better working bike, and put it up for sale on eBay or Craigslist and 100% of the money received from selling the bike will go to the foundation. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The foundations website is Kakok Foundation

The article and information about donating toward completing the Mongoose Kakok Donation Project is here: Mongoose Kakok Foundation Project

Attachments

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i just wanted to post an update...

After the tires and tubes it seemed like members of this and other forums realized the project was legit. I received in the mail a WTB saddle and a pair of Azonic Flat pedals. Both will be great addition to this project bike. I have included a write up and thank you along with some pictures here:

http://tripxamerica.com/2008/12/27/mongoose-kakok-haiti-donation-project/

Thanks for all the support.

Alessandro Garabaghi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.