Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for the XC content, and lack of trail shots i always forget to stop while riding.

up the jumpingpound ridge

summit of jumpingpound

nahahi ridge

moose mountain, going to ride that ridge this season

·
KAIZEN!
99 Posts
Solid Pics!

I agree - we need more photos!

I have been lazy lately; relying on friends to pack the camera. I will try to post some from Fernie last weekend and endevour to post more in the future!

That "push" shot up Jumping Pound brings back memories! :madman: It always seems to rain, sleet, hail, snow, and fog on me up on that ridge... even with a good weather forecast and a promising look to the day!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've got a bunch of photos from various rides but I have the problem that I only want to stop and take pictures during the more boring sections of the trail. I mean who wants to stop during some fast, flowy singletrack!

Elbow Loop - a 45km evening ride last week:

Click here

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
couple more old ones, this weekend i'll get some decent descent ;) pictures and start a new thread. glad someone enjoys them, and nice pics never

minnewanka

prarie view. up there?

at least the view is good....mt. baldy, a good ride in it's own right

and the flip side...from mt baldy

and another baldy (less bike shots next time!)

and from tonite, good old packers trail on the SS. lower tom snow. kudos to the builders on upper tom snow, but thumbs down to the logging road in the middle.

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Balfa fan, I gather?
How do they ride?
Is Tom Snow still mucky (disgusting is the word...)
i have 3 balfas, my FR bike is a 2step. they are the most fun bikes i've ever been on, fantastic geometry, wicked slack head and seat angles.

tom snow is absolutely disgusting, the mud is really really thick right now. really sucks the flow out of the trail, but hey packers is always fun anyways...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Agreed ferday, the upper part of Tom Snow is a ton of fun! But I haven't ridden it for over a month and it was pretty much dry when I was on it.

Anyway, here are some pictures from last night's ride...the plan was to ride Baldy but due to the crazy thunderstorm in Calgary, we ended up leaving a little bit later than planned. So once we got out there, we made the last minute call to ride Terrace instead due to time constraints. Terrace is fairly Minnewanka-esque, just a shorter version...not much in the way of elevation changes, just fun, twisty singletrack (and the faster you ride, the more exciting it becomes).

Click here

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Hey, I recognize that gold Preston. I have done Prairie View twice in the last few days. Once on my rigid and again on the Evo. I went back because I destroyed the rear tire and tube on my rigid and had to walk the last few kms. Redemption. I would have called you or Kerry, but I rode Prairie view friday afternoon and figured you were both at work. I took some pictures from Prairie view and will try to post them soon. I am taking the Evo to Bow for some drive train work, that I can't resolve myself and will be going out again this weekend sometime, if my drive train woes are not too serious.

Later.

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
Oooo a 2002 Enduro! I love mine, I've ridden it since, well, 2002 and then I cracked the frame near the shock mount. They warrantied me a 2004. It looks like your buddy keeps his pretty stock! That's pretty impressive for four years :cool:

I'm glad to see he took the fenders off though haha. I took the black and white stickers off of mine too and it really made the frame cleaner looking, might wanna recommend that to your buddy.

Nice pictures! I'm jealous, I wish I had trails around here like that.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
WOW that is so awesome.
I am dreaming of such vast landscapes, over here in Germany we have very nice spots too, but every 5 or 10 kilometers there´s a village, little city or at least thousands of roads and highways. I´d love to ride my bike for 4hours+ and not see any people, except some hikers or other bikers or a park ranger.

I think I have to do a year at an american university :D, but in the backcountry there are no universities and I don´t want to go to a bigger town ;)

Greetings :p znarf

·
KAIZEN!
99 Posts
Calgary

Don't know what you are studying, but think about coming to the U of Calgary!

www.ucalgary.ca

Close to Bragg Creek (30 minutes), Kananaskis country (45 minutes), Canmore (1 hour), Banff (1.5 hours)

I just met a riding buddy from Germany - he graduated this past year and has a work visa over here for a year > he just loves the riding! See some of his pictures... Check out his blog: http://dekan.blogdns.net/~dekan/

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
that looks really good!
I´ll just have to apply to a scholarship of some kind. Fees for the universities are rather expensive, but getting a scholarship should not be the problem. After all I have the unbreakable urge to bike there ;)

I´ll just have to practise my miserable english skills for the famous TOEFL-test.

I really enjoy and like the friendly welcome and very kind responses here in this forum.

Seems to be that canadian and american(is it Canadian and American?) bikers are a really friendly people!

Greetings znarf

·
Registered
254 Posts
Znarf - There are many Western colleges/universities that will provide you with great expanses of scenic land to mountain bike. University of Colorado - Boulder is a terrific school, and the mountain biking in the area is really great. Rocky Mountain National Park is not far.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Yeah, Colorado sounds good to. I think I´d travel around quite a bit. Flights within the USA or Canada aren´t that expensive I think. Or I rent a car or van or something, during vacations of course :)

greetings znarf

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.