Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Dude...
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode a loop from my house yesteday, over South Table Mesa, through Golden to Chimney, down Apex, and back over South Table Mesa, and that is a whole lot of very Front Range trails on a busy Sunday afternoon. With all the people I encountered, everyone was friendly and smiling, didn't seem annoyed that another biker was coming by and ruining their peaceful hike. Usually I just chalk that up to my own friendlyness while out on the trails, but it must be more than that. I imagine that most people are generally having good experiences while out on the trails or they wouldn't be so friendly when I come by. I mean, every single hiker I came up on stepped off the trail long before I got the them, and were friendly when I passed. I guess my point is, we must be doing something right. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
I rode a loop from my house yesteday, over South Table Mesa, through Golden to Chimney, down Apex, and back over South Table Mesa, and that is a whole lot of very Front Range trails on a busy Sunday afternoon. With all the people I encountered, everyone was friendly and smiling, didn't seem annoyed that another biker was coming by and ruining their peaceful hike. Usually I just chalk that up to my own friendlyness while out on the trails, but it must be more than that. I imagine that most people are generally having good experiences while out on the trails or they wouldn't be so friendly when I come by. I mean, every single hiker I came up on stepped off the trail long before I got the them, and were friendly when I passed. I guess my point is, we must be doing something right. :thumbsup:
I don't think it was ever but a few militants (reads as craggie old farts) that was stirring up anti-bike sentiments...

Edit: I say this because when I'm out on my bike, I've never been yelled at by hikers. But then again, I don't make it a habit of buzzing them either.

·
Heads up Flyboy!!
3,165 Posts
Yesterday was a beautiful day to be out for sure. Rode Falcon and its loops and Lair the Bear and its loops and back to Morrison and all the hikers and climbing riders were awesome to be around.

Then I took the Missus out to Three Sisters for a Hike and everyone we saw were awesome and curtious. Even that little black fox.

Cheers to Fall riding even though I got shut down to Wheeler's Pass on Saturday due to weather.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.