Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
And He was Not
1,686 Posts
I've had my Ignitors as low as 22 on the front, and 26 on the rear. It was on a local course that was pretty smooth. They weren't skwirmy either, hoked up great. I'm also using the ZTR rim (non Olympic).

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
1,752 Posts
ShoMyOFace said:
Enoch said: " I'm also using the ZTR rim (non Olympic)."

What rims are people using with success, with Stan's..................
I've used Stan's with success on these rims:

Salsa Delgado
Velocity VXC 29er
Alex TD-17
IRD Clyde

No problems with any of these, except I had to use a 26" rim strip on the Velocity rims. As soon as the new Salsa rims come out I'll be building a new set and trying them out.

Steve

·
Registered
590 Posts
Been testing the rear fast track on bonti rim for about a week. So far so good, on another note if your trails are like mine; rooty, rocky and especially wet this time of year these tires are not for you. That center tread area will not grip anything that is wet.
They are quite good in straight line fire road climbs though.
IMO a good DRY weather tire only.

·
featherweight clydesdale
1,385 Posts
ShoMyOFace said:
............to a tubeless option; Stan's; or even running Spin Skins etc. With the limited options for 29'ers, howzit working to limit flats????
Stans on T-520's w/ Kenda Klaws running 35 psi up front and and 38-40 psi in the rear (under my 230 pound ass). What flats?

I found the Stan's strip not enough to make the seal/inflation easy. I added a strip of foam weather insulation under the Stans strip, and the tire inflates...first try...without soap!!

·
Dr Gadget is IN
2,390 Posts
Motos N road wheels

I'm running wire bead motoraptors on Trek road wheels ($30 for the set!) using Stan strips and homemade sealant. Had one minor burp on the front running full rigid thru very bumpy/rocky eroded limestone. No other problems on the trail.

On the other hand, it was a major pain to get the stanstrips into the narrow road rims - much patience and keep going over it til they seated even and didn't wrinkle in the middle. Aired right up. My ZTR rims are here, but I'm still waiting on my Woodman hubs to complete the upgrade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.