Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ProEdgeBiker said:
Great review but in the world of Cheap HD mini cams, are these cams even relevant any more?
For a little while longer I think (technology IS fast isn't it!). Especially for an excellent quality standard video at $129 (Tachyon Micro)... for HiDef you are talking $250 - $300.

I personally certainly prefer to shoot in HiDef, but some may not be able justify the extra $$

Also how many people really edit and publish HD DVD's or BluRay for friends, family or whatever. You also need a half way decent computer to deal with HiDef... It's what forced my hand in buying a new desk top :eek:

Pose this question in another 6 months or year and I'll probably have a different opinion ;) :D

·
PROEDGEBIKER.COM
1,304 Posts
CactusJackSlade said:
For a little while longer I think (technology IS fast isn't it!). Especially for an excellent quality standard video at $129 (Tachyon Micro)... for HiDef you are talking $250 - $300.

I personally certainly prefer to shoot in HiDef, but some may not be able justify the extra $$

Also how many people really edit and publish HD DVD's or BluRay for friends, family or whatever. You also need a half way decent computer to deal with HiDef... It's what forced my hand in buying a new desk top :eek:

Pose this question in another 6 months or year and I'll probably have a different opinion ;) :D
LOL! I hear ya, i just kicked out almost 2k on a new laptop last week to work with the new 1080p contourHD.

Marry Xmas to ME!

·
Registered
757 Posts
The Tachyon Micro looked great- yeah I am not blowing anymore cash on computers at this stage so the cheaper solution Tachyon Micro fits my bill perfectly. Especially with a Cannell Plunge ride planned for late spring if thawed. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
the quality of the tachyon micro looks exactly the same as the 2010 xc cams which is good, think i will add one to my collection for the summer (2010editors kit and older xc cam)

as far as other new cameras go..bet there not as tuff as a tachyon..i had a 2010 xc fall of the back fender of my motorbike at 70 mph and it bounced down the tarmac road..luckily i found it in the roadside and it had just a few scuffs and had switched off...still going strong :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.