Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Night ride with lights last night with Parker was quite the hoot. Saw a few other kindred souls out with lights. Gotta remember to do that more often.

Cool, in many ways...

CDB

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
What time did you head out?

I hooked up with Daryl to get my books around 5pm and CB was dead save for some hearty souls like Geoff (but he went up the mountain). Apparently cinammonmonkey was out there too. I hiked around Owl's and Chickadee before heading out and only saw one runner and one rider (which I believe was cinamonmonkey). Other than that it was dead.

Yeah I don't like the heat either, but it ain't that bad. Just gotta dial it down a bit and take in plenty of water.

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We left around 9pm,

when it was still pretty light. Not until after 10 did we have to fire up the landing lights.

CDB

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,982 Posts
I rode from 7 to 930 last night in the footies (CB-MR-RC-3B-MR-Hulls) and it was quite nice. Not a soul out there, not too hot, the acid was really starting to kicking in, etc.. My only complaint was that the trails are starting to get skittish because after a couple on months without rain they just get that way around here.

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Skittish.

That explains the couple of soil samples taken by the otherwise fast and undauntable B4X.:D

Yep, it was really beautiful out there.

CDB

·
Registered
292 Posts
O-dark:30 is about the only time it is cool enough for me to to ride this time of year. I sure as $hit am not gonna be getta up at the a$$crack of dawn to ride. I loves my sleep!! If my shoulder was back up to speed I would be out there a couple of nights a week. At 9:30 its still fricken hot to this kid, but by 10:00 it usually seems to cool down. Not to mention riding at night, with a good quality light, is about the only thing that keeps riding in the lower foothills enjoyable. The other great thing is if we see more than maybe 2 or 3 people it's a busy night. Most nights we see nobody. Did anyone manage to ride Big Wood at night? I was really looking forward to that when I was healed up, I bet it would have been a blast. oh well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.