Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Are you going to publish a map of the course? (Like the worlds?)

It would help with the gearing choice. Nearly killed myself last year :)

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
A map or even Polar-readout won't help you with gearing. An average rider will simply want an average gear.
Bring your 2:1 and something longer or shorter. But it won't matter much for your speed, as there's plenty of climbing to make a long gear hurt, and enough flats to spin your brains off. The perfect gear won't help, your lungs and legs will decide. Last year's podium studs at the Open Dutch SSC on the same course all had very different gears. One man was even pushing on flat pavement, and another seemed to even be spinning on the hardest climbs. Differences between finish times were minimal.

Most important performance-enhancing feature to bring along will be eyeflaps (like a horse wears) to not be distracted by the ladies present along the course who'll be contesting the Dutch Students Champs on the same day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
datako said:
Are you going to publish a map of the course? (Like the worlds?)
It would help with the gearing choice.Nearly killed myself last year
If you kill yourself on a singlespeed you ride too hard .. !
JJ is the Dutch National Champs for the Students on the same course/day again? Dang those girls were something else!!!

What beer for for the "food pick up zone" this year? Want me to bring some from our part of the woods? And when will you finally ban those damn 29er from Dutch Singlespeed races? Cyclocross is a winter sport ... !!

phaty

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, the students will be there again.

And we ban nobody, even not the big wheeled geeks :D

As a matter of fact... oh, never mind ;)

JJ

Oh, and there will be a map or height profile somewhere sometime.

I guess..

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
If I remember correctly, I was talking in to you after you were overwhelmed by all the chicks in pink dresses at the SS race. You were going to ask one to marry you. Sometimes it's better to stick to light beer ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.