Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 504 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I just wanted to introduce our company to the wheel forum. We are a Canadian carbon rim manufacturer and would like to open the dialogue for any of our products, offer any insight to carbon rim manufacturing and help in any way possible with any questions what so ever.

We hand lay all of our rims and build all of our wheels right here in Kamloops BC Canada. And ship directly to the consumer and through our dealer network.

You all have a great forum going here and we would enjoy being a part of the descussion.

Cheers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks @tungsten!

Ya our website is https://weareonecomposites.com

There is some great info on there about our process and who we are. All of our staff stems from a long history in Mountain Biking and we have built this venture from the ground up.

@astom22, we have some really solid physical testers here and have had a really great run at our Local BC Enduro Series rounds. Picking up every win in the Pro Men's field so far this year. Have you tried carbon rims as of yet?

Cheers

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
5,970 Posts
the project sounds interesting. Do you provide industry pricing to qualified shops?

524 Posts
Producing carbon products in house and in North America is a huge feat now a days. Few carbon rim offerings can make such a claim and its all too easy to slap a decal on Chinese rims. I was skeptical at first, then came across a few pictures of your facility and molds. Good work!
#showusyourcarbonfacility

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Welcome, very interesting, pricing looks inline with the stuff out of Asia, which is truly amazing. One little thing I might point out, get a native english speaking person to go over the site with your designer and fix the the grammar and spelling, lots of grammatical and spelling errors.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
#showusyourcarbon is exactly that. The AGENT has been in the works for over nine months. It was no easy feat, and we have a very knowledgeable team that is capable of producing a very high-end product.
The beauty of manufacturing over here is that we have made a choice to be small batch and focus on each rim coming out exactly as planned. We do not paint our rims and need to ensure our molds are very tight tolerance. All of our carbon is sourced in the US and cannot be found in Asia. The resin system is extremely strong and pliable.

We worked long and hard at perfecting this product before it came to market and it shows.

Cheers
Producing carbon products in house and in North America is a huge feat now a days. Few carbon rim offerings can make such a claim and its all too easy to slap a decal on Chinese rims. I was skeptical at first, then came across a few pictures of your facility and molds. Good work!
#showusyourcarbonfacility

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is a very long response here about us being in line with the Asian offerings. The short response is that we are small batch and a much smaller manufacturer than most of the Asian manufacturers. We have focused on our business plan and executed on our agenda to improve on our process to reduce the amount of overarching labor from each rim.
Having a strong understanding of our business model and plan has allowed us to be very competitive with our pricing and we are happy only manufacturing a few rims per month.
As for the grammar on our site, I will have to look further into this. We did have numerous people preview it and found a few errors.

Thanks for the input:)

Welcome, very interesting, pricing looks inline with the stuff out of Asia, which is truly amazing. One little thing I might point out, get a native english speaking person to go over the site with your designer and fix the the grammar and spelling, lots of grammatical and spelling errors.

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
One little thing I might point out, get a native english speaking person to go over the site with your designer and fix the the grammar and spelling, lots of grammatical and spelling errors.
I did not proof read the whole site, but these guys are in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada, and are english native speakers. Probably more focused on engineering and riding.

It's good to see some Canadian manufacturing, good luck.

If there is a cultural homeland for mountain biking, BC is in the running. Our town's mayor, who is a non rider showed up for our club's annual general meeting to express her support, and recognize what mtb has done for the economy.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,025 Posts
I did not proof read the whole site, but these guys are in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada, and are english native speakers. Probably more focused on engineering and riding.
Professionalism is important.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks @tungsten!

Ya our website is https://weareonecomposites.com

There is some great info on there about our process and who we are. All of our staff stems from a long history in Mountain Biking and we have built this venture from the ground up.

@astom22, we have some really solid physical testers here and have had a really great run at our Local BC Enduro Series rounds. Picking up every win in the Pro Men's field so far this year. Have you tried carbon rims as of yet?

Cheers
I have not ridden carbon rims yet, but I'm looking at upgrading my current wheels after the summer riding season ends. Carbon rims are on the possible upgrade list.

I will check out your site and see what you have to offer.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are correct sir. We are Canucks and know more about hockey and Tim Horton's than any punctuation. LOL
We just launched our website on June 1st, and we did our best to make everything perfect. But hey we are all humans, and it appears we missed some errors.
Great to get those now and it is always good to be held accountable. All kinds of feedback are important.

Back to building rims now, and getting our initial orders out the door!

Cheers

It's good to see some Canadian manufacturing, good luck.

If there is a cultural homeland for mountain biking, BC is in the running. Our town's mayor, who is a non rider showed up for our club's annual general meeting to express her support, and recognize what mtb has done for the economy.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
One thing I read on your site that I found interesting was a mention of carbon recycling and wanted to know more about this, as I was un-aware that carbon could actually be recycled, similar to styrofoam.

Wasn't trying to be negative, just happen to have been in that business for a while and so pick up on anything, especially the little details people miss. From what I saw, it honestly looked like the person who wrote the text for the site did not speak english as their native language, like it was a french speaking Canadian as that's how the "errors" read.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,025 Posts
One thing I read on your site that I found interesting was a mention of carbon recycling and wanted to know more about this, as I was un-aware that carbon could actually be recycled, similar to styrofoam.

Wasn't trying to be negative, just happen to have been in that business for a while and so pick up on anything, especially the little details people miss. From what I saw, it honestly looked like the person who wrote the text for the site did not speak english as their native language, like it was a french speaking Canadian as that's how the "errors" read.
Couldn't you chop it up and make CFRP? Lots of products use CFRP, especially ones that are difficult shapes to produce or don't require the same strength to weight ratio as straight CF type designs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Carbon fiber can be ground up and used in other applications, not really a true recycling in the common sense.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

No offense was taken. It was good feedback. I combed the site yesterday and found some honest mistakes. We get better every day and build on feedback like this. So, a sincere thank you for the help. It was greatly appreciated.
As for the carbon recycling, we are collecting information on the process and working with a German company to gain more knowledge of how to better our waste. Chopped carbon is something that can be done, but it is a very extensive process and involves a load of capital. So, for now, we are still working towards that solution, but it is something we see as a huge part of our business as we grow. There is a mountain of spent carbon fiber out there every year and we would like to be a part of a solution for where it ends up.

·
transmitter~receiver
9,310 Posts
If you had a rim that competed with the Teocalli I'd seriously consider it.
As wide as possible under the 400g mark will do very well I think.

Professionalism is important.
Yep & yep.

1 - 20 of 504 Posts