Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with rain...sheldon street was a friggin river several feet deep at points!

i usually (stupidly) go out to check out the weather in my car when it's severe, snow, rain whatever....

we are getting buckets (inches) of rain, just rediculous....

·
Banned
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zer0 said:
braggart! :mad: ;) i want some, too. send some our way, will ya?

Rita
it's on it's way, trust me, once it drains out of the streets :D probably not enough to make it all the way down there without being absorbed by the valleys though

·
Banned
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The smell of rain.

Smell of rain comming.

The smell of raining.

The smell when rain has cleared.

They each have their smells, and it smells like nothing else. Refreshing, rebirth, renewal. I enjoy this smell and even within this building, I can still smell it (no my ceiling is not leaking). It's strange, but for me it constitutes an elemental change, now things are completely different compared to just a day ago. Something elemental has changed, even more elemental than the weather pattern. Life.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Jm. said:
it's on it's way, trust me, once it drains out of the streets :D probably not enough to make it all the way down there without being absorbed by the valleys though
umm...thanks Jm. loud thunder around midnight, rained all night. couple times the power went out for a few seconds. guess you did not know you had that power, eh? ;)

yeah, the smell is awesome, and the mud, well, the mud is much better than the dust, though the dust came 1st, then the rain. i had to rinse my car off(carport only)so i will be able to see to drive to work.

Rita(very happy the monsoon has arrived)

·
Occidental Tourist
3,564 Posts
It was an awesome light show last night before the storms moved in (and during for that matter) . I sat on top of cheese grater and watched the show from the north and the south. Then I remembered that lightening can travel well in advance of a storm and I'm sitting on a steel frame - time to go home. Wish I had brought my camera.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.