Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I showed up at Einstiens on July 8 for the ride. Too bad no one else could make it. It turned out to be a pretty good day.

The climbing wasn't as difficult as I expected. I took a short break at Solitude. There is a small shop in the plaza that has water and snacks. I felt really good on the climb up Guardsman Pass. I missed the trailhead for WCT. I rode all the way up to Jupiter Bowl and descended back down to the road up to WCT. At that point, I didn't have the legs or desire to ride puke hill. The descent was great.

I started to get fatigued at the jagged spine. I took another food break and waited for a couple guys I had passed just before the spine. I needed to get some directions for entering Mill Creek. I took off solo after getting some directions. However, when I came to the fork in the trail at Mill Creek I decided to wait for them.

I rode with them all the way down Mill Creek. We did lower Pipeline and Rattlesnake Gulch. It was an awesome way to finish a good days ride.

Thanks to Michael and Anthony for showing me the way. It was only about 50 miles total.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alibi said:
did you mtb it or 'cross it?

MTB. I definitely don't have the cross skills to handle a trail like that. I would be too concerned about damaging my cross bike. However, there were only a few short sections that my FS was useful. The Mill Creek trails are more suitable for a cross bike.

I'd be interested in your impressions of the trail, as it compares to last time you were on it.
This was my first time riding a mtb in Utah. I wasn't looking for any serious challenges. I just wanted to relax and enjoy riding my bike for a few hours. That is exactly what I got. Finishing it off with Mill Creek, Pipeline and Rattlesnake Gulch was the perfect ending.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.