Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
And He was Not
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a rumor they are going to be shipping the Magic Forks out next week.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'm not sure about next week, but...

I've got two forks in being upgraded to the new technology. EKO/White Bros said they'd be done in a few weeks when they get another round of parts in. I didn't even ask if that meant that they were nearing full production.

Jason
Salsa Crew
Ride and Smile!

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Salsa Cycles said:
I've got two forks in being upgraded to the new technology. EKO/White Bros said they'd be done in a few weeks when they get another round of parts in. I didn't even ask if that meant that they were nearing full production.

Jason
Salsa Crew
Ride and Smile!
How much are they charging you?

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
1,443 Posts
I have spoken to WB about it I believe it was just shy of $200 for the upgrade + shipping cost. They indicated that they wouldn't be offering the upgrade service until the backlog of new fork orders was satisfied first. I hope to send my .8 in January and give the new dampening a try.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Manufacturers

Endomaniac said:
I have spoken to WB about it I believe it was just shy of $200 for the upgrade + shipping cost. They indicated that they wouldn't be offering the upgrade service until the backlog of new fork orders was satisfied first. I hope to send my .8 in January and give the new dampening a try.
While I didn't speak with them directly about timing, filling back logs and what not, I'm not concerned. As a manufacturer, they contacted me about the forks prior to Interbike and I asked to have mine upgraded when the snow hit here in MN. Well, we've got about 5 more months of winter here in MN, so I'm not too concerned if they bump me until after production.

Jason
Salsa Crew

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
1,443 Posts
Id be willing to bet industry types may get slightly faster service than Appalachian Hillbillies like me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
386 Posts
I really hope that they are great forks. I almost ordered one, but I will wait for reviews. I am pretty happy with the reba. I would buy one if the performance is as good and it is significantly lighter. Cost will be more I know, but that is ok. I picked up an 05 Reba a couple of months ago new and I am still waiting to use it. My Dean is still not here. Been 3 months....I am finally starting to get impatient. I was fine as long as cross season was going on, but now that it is over.....I just hope it is worth the wait.

Anyway, I am excited to see what the verdict is by the masses. I know that the pre-production word was great by the few that road it. I am just unwilling to plunk down that sort of cash until I am sure.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,268 Posts
Endomaniac said:
Id be willing to bet industry types may get slightly faster service than Appalachian Hillbillies like me. :rolleyes:
You might be very surprised, I generally have good luck sending the customer in after them, after I have failed to get what they wanted out of a given manufacturer. Seems the closer you are to the end user, the more they will listen, especially if you already own their product!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts