Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with reducing travel from 135mm to 120mm on a fluid fork??? I would rather do this myself instead of paying to have it done...

Bog

·
Registered
156 Posts
If your using a Fox fork you can buy spacers in 5mm increments (5, 10 and 20) and reduce the travel. Fox has a god how to manual on their web page or you can find info on here. I have changed my F29 from 80mm to 100mm and my Float 140 to 120mm, each job takes about 20-30 minutes.

One tip is to get a cooking syringe for adding oil back to the lower leg, the syringe has measurments on ot and the needle makes it easy to inject the oil. I cut off the sharp part to make it a blunt tip.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a Fox

I have done the service on Fox, Rock shox and Maverick forks, they are all a liitle different. Looking for White bros Info.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone?????

Nobody knows anything about white bros fluid internals??? I am just wondering if i could just insert a spacer to reduce the travel????

WB wants 120.00 plus shipping to do the mod, i can change fluids myself and re assemble the fork...

Help...anyone!

·
Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
2,066 Posts
Interesting...

They only wanted to charge me $40 when I had asked about reducing travel (a while ago though). They also claimed the lowest they could drop it to was 125mm.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmmm

Well they told me they could drop it to 120mm, but the service would cost 120.00.
I am starting to think of just getting a Reba and selling off the Fluid.

·
Registered
282 Posts
F135 vs Magic

I believe White Brothers uses different coils (and maybe different top out spacers) on that model. I had asked about it before picking up an F135 so that I could use it shortened before moving it to another frame.

On the air forks' conversion kit they have a longer top out spacer as well as a spacer which replaces the three small negative springs and shims.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts