Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I struggle finding the right fork for my new Spider.

The options so fare has been:

1) WB Fluid 135mm - 20mm TA
2) WB Magic 100mm - 20mm TA
3) Reba Race 100mm
4) WB Fluid 130mm - 20mm TA

Yesterday I joined a party of bikers on some rough trails in the forest around Oslo - Norway. My Gary Fisher HT with a 80mm Manitou fork didn’t cope very well with the descents.

I guess I would like as much travel on the fork as the Spider can handle, and a fork as strong as possible to handle my 205 pounds without gear. I like the idea of a 20mm TA.

Any views on this?

PS – I have asked WB about some documentation for the F135, but only got
“The Fluid 135 uses a coil spring with air assist, and an open bath damper”. Anyone who has anything more info about it? How about weight?

Attachments

·
The Beaver
1,153 Posts
I just got a GF Rig and it cam with the RS Reba SL... coming from 6+" forks, mostly marzocci, this fork is amazing once it's dailed in (and that only took 15min). It's set at 80mm now but I am thinking about bumping it up to 100mm soon.

If you do go with a 20mm axle you are going to have to deal with a new hub, which either means new wheels or building up a new front wheel at least. I don't see the reason for a 20mm on anything less than 150mm of travel, unless you are hitting the Dj's

My 0.02

·
Flight Junkie
832 Posts
I just got an WB F 135. Axle/Crown is 535. Weight is 4 lbs 6 1/2 oz's with the thru axle uncut. Reba is 3.97 lbs cut without skewer. Less than 1/2 lb and you get a coil thru axle with 5 1/2 inches travel (no lockout though). My bike won't be built for another 2 weeks, so no report on fork yet (although it seems buttery smooth out of box which is unusual for WB forks)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
IBIKEAZ said:
I just got an WB F 135. Axle/Crown is 535. Weight is 4 lbs 6 1/2 oz's with the thru axle uncut. Reba is 3.97 lbs cut without skewer. Less than 1/2 lb and you get a coil thru axle with 5 1/2 inches travel (no lockout though). My bike won't be built for another 2 weeks, so no report on fork yet (although it seems buttery smooth out of box which is unusual for WB forks)
Are you waiting for an Intense frame fram as well?

What kind of hubs are you planning to use?

·