Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to this board and its one of the better ones out there. Anyhow, i have a 2002 white brothers dh3 and the top crown is not parallel to the handlebar. The stem and bar are dead straight but the top crown seems a little twisted. Is there a fix for this?

Thanx in advance.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
DH100 said:
Hi guys, new to this board and its one of the better ones out there. Anyhow, i have a 2002 white brothers dh3 and the top crown is not parallel to the handlebar. The stem and bar are dead straight but the top crown seems a little twisted. Is there a fix for this?

Thanx in advance.
Is it possible you stacked hard enough to really twist them at some point? If you really did then it would be difficult to line up the uppers when you take the crowns off and try to reassemble.

My first guess without actually seeing the thing would be that you've got one of the uppers just sitting higher than the other one in the top crown creating the illusion of it being twisted.

Those top crowns are also just machined plates. If it's twisted then you'll also be able to tell just by setting it on a flat surface. And if it is.......ditch it and get another one.

·
Sedona, Az USA
1,036 Posts
my avy looks the same way. ive crashed many times recently.

I guess i am going to remove the fork from the frame and wheel, losen all the crowns pinch bolts, lay the fork face down on a flat surface and the tighten the pinch bolts – making sure that the upper and lower crown are "square".

im a bit OCD and i cant stand stuff not to be perfectly aligned. Im thinking i might be better off "mentally" if i buy a boxxer or a DH40 and get a bolt on stem/crown combo so that i know my front end is square.

joel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Havent stacked really hard...

I bought the forks used and noticed it when i mounted it on the bike. I'll loosen all the bolts and give it a wiggle to see if it aligns everything up, if that doesnt help I'll pull the top crown off to see if its straight.

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
Call 970.241.3518 @ WB and ask for Tim... Technic ( there're two Tim's there ;)
He'll definitly tell u what to do and find the solution for u...
I just bought my second WB DH-3 .. love that fork..
Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.