Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Unrepentant Cowboy SOB
652 Posts
All of the above? If I'm a lucky bastard I should be gainfully employed by 10:30 am tomorrow. I am tired of temp jobs!

·
"Yabut"
838 Posts
Kathleen, I still don't know when we are coming back from the Motocross in CA. After 12 hours of racing, I'm not so sure driving back would be a good idea. Maybe we will stop by your place on Sunday, and see if you're home. The Pop in?

·
Glutton for punishment
581 Posts
We're here!

I was thinking of a So Mo ride and brunch/pool/beer one day and then maybe a T100 ride brunch/pool/beer the other day? Does that work? Which days? My SuperMoto needs to have a trip down National!

I managed to not have to work on Monday so that adds another day!

ScottN

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
I was hoping to get laid, but I have been married for too long for that to happen. As such, I am up for rides/pool/beer and such. I will be around and likely will not be working until Wednesday.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,852 Posts
I'll ride in Prescott on Sunday, and Sat after 12:00.

I probably won't ride granite basin in the middle of the day, it's one of the hotter areas and there isn't as much cover in places. It's good in the early morning or evening.

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,339 Posts
A little surfing/drinking in San Diego while the thumb heals from Sunrise. No riding for two more weeks:madman:

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
a few C-riders and i are riding t-100 from cheryl street (south of the jumps)
saturday morning.

scrat is going to explore the wedding trail and we "might" attempt tapapio.

animatorman, are you around??

K

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,852 Posts
On the other hand, if its the middle of the day, cloudy, and 70 degrees, I'll go riding.

Like today.

I love year round riding.

·
Something goes here...
2,069 Posts
Jayem said:
I love year round riding.
Me too...I find myself missing the NW daily now that we live in hell :madmax:

I'll be in town this weekend and may be up for a ride Saturday. On the other hand, my baby girl is waking me up every couple of hours to feed so I tend to press the snooze button way to many times and miss the ride. :madman: Just ask CycleJunkie about that!

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DurtGurl said:
Group rides? BBQs? Beer drinking? Pool dipping? Anyone up for doing some of this together MTBR-style? Post up your ideas!!
Weekend ideas that I'm hearing for the Phx area:

(1) T100 ride
(2) SoMo ride/brunch
(3) Granite Basin day trip

I'll take dibs on # 2 and Tuesday:
Plan for a SoMo ride/brunch on Tuesday, the 4th. Ride to start at 6AM from my house in Ahwatukee with a 6:30AM ride-by of 48thSt/Pima Canyon Ramadas to pick up anyone wishing to start at a neutral point. Ride up Mormon to Buena Vista then down National (+ 4 miles each way on Desert Classic from my house to the Ramadas). All are welcome to share in brunch at my house after the ride - bring a dish to share.

Edit: I guess I should ask - anyone want to do this ride/brunch thing that I've proposed for Tuesday?

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,852 Posts
DurtGurl said:
I love our year-round riding too. Only sometimes it gets a bit too cold for me during our Phoenix winters. brrrrr.
"too cold" for me is usually when I require a face mask, gloves, and gore-tex or extra insulation in my shoes. No one or two things does it, but when those are all a necessity, I may stay indoors. Luckily snow sublimates so fast here that it's usually just a non-issue.

This year wasn't very cold, I didn't use my pants much, they seem to get the most use on those "last flagstaff rides" or "last williams rides".

I figure I can ride just fine when it's 28 degrees in the morning, if people are riding in the single digits and below in other places.

It's all relative right!? It's just a matter of willpower, EVERY place on earth has year-round riding.

BTW, granite basin is going to depend on where you start, and how much moisture we get. Even if we get a lot of moisture, it's usually ok to start at the trail 37 trailhead on iron springs road. I never park "in" the park, but the other two trailheads off of williamson valley road will be OUT of the picture if there is any significant moisture (like is happening right now). Those places will be horrible due to the mud and make your day miserable. The same goes for going up trail 62 and a few other lesser traveled areas. They are usually fine in the winter due to how little moisture we get, but in the summer as monsoon moves in they can stay saturated for a while.

Good places include trail 37 to 40, the southern loops in granite basin from the lake, probably the new 332 connector trail, but avoid the northern loops. Most of those trails will be generally ridable, but those sections with "death mud" will make you want to give up. Trail 305 drains great. Trail 297 also drains great. Trail 299 on the ridge is ok, as is 7 mile gulch, but the west side of 299 would be terrible. Spruce mountain is usually ok, but the trail is always loose. Trail 48 is usually ok.

·
Unrepentant Cowboy SOB
652 Posts
Hey Durt gurl...if you'll accept this broken down child I would be honored to join the ride. SoMO appeals to me as I have a lot to learn on that durned hill.

I am assuming I will not have to slave away for wages on Tuesday. I'd probably meet y'all at the trailhead since I have no idea where you live and I also have no idea what actually constitutes awatukee (what's the etymology of that?)

As for dishes...I can kick down some venison. Either steaks, roast, or burger.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.