Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Last word is all yours...
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came home from work today and found a piece of schoolwork(?) on the counter, in my 10yo daughter's handwriting. It was titled "Building Bike Trails - for a newbie". I've brought my kids out on the trail to dig with me a few times before, but I had no idea she was paying so much attention! I'm going to have to ask her if this was all from memory.

Anyway... they do listen and pay attention, more than we know sometimes. Take 'em out into the woods with you!

Attachments

·
Singlespeeder
14 Posts
Very cool:cool: . Our kids do watch, listen and pick up a lot more than we might think;) . Thanks for being a good example for the next generation to follow :thumbsup:

·
ride your bike
9,447 Posts
Tell you daughter there's this dude on the interwebz that hopes his soon-to-be new daughter will have half the stoke she does. Nice work man! :thumbsup:

Also, the grammar nazi in me applauds her correct usage of you're and your. :yesnod:

·
I should be out riding
1,866 Posts
milt k said:
Very well done, you must be a proud Dad! Written better than some of the posts here!
Indeed. Your daughter could offer tutoring to some of the adults on here. Very well done. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
422 Posts
This does not read like the typical work of a current-era junior high school student. Or high school, either. I hope she's got college on her mind. We need more kids like this, interested or not in mountain biking!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Very cool! Trail building is really a great opportunity for growth in kids. They get to experience nature, service, creativity, design, dirt, tools, hard work, and fun at the same time.

My 10 year old son spent many hours at Duthie with me and still takes pride in his work. His birthday party a couple years ago was to do a work-party building a ladder bridge on StepItUp. That was a blast and one of his friends did same for his birthday a couple months later. Highly recommended.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.