14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to carry a:

29*2.35 tube
2 Tire Levers
CO2 and Inflator
Master Link
Multitool

I had been using a saddle bag but didn't like digging through all my stuff whenever I needed something. So far, the best thing I found looks like this, BURRITO PACK, but I don't know if I could fit in a tube.

Thanks

·
since 4/10/2009
37,052 Posts
Do you want on-bike or on-body carry options?

For that matter, there's no "best", just lots of options. You need to sort through them to figure out what you like. I use a mix of on-bike and on-body carry methods. I also save the CO2 for road bikes or races and use a pump on my mtb.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
What is the best way to carry a:

29*2.35 tube
2 Tire Levers
CO2 and Inflator
Master Link
Multitool

I had been using a saddle bag but didn't like digging through all my stuff whenever I needed something. So far, the best thing I found looks like this, BURRITO PACK, but I don't know if I could fit in a tube.

Thanks
I have all those items attached to my bike (s)

tube - affixed to downtube in baggy with strap
2 Tire Levers - with tube
CO2 and Inflator - one-up EDC storage
Master Link - taped to brake line by master cylinder - one on each bike
Multitool - oneup EDC

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I strap my tube under my saddle. On other than very long rides I like to be a minimalist and prefer to have no pack on my body. When I need more water and a pack I go with a hip pack but leave the tube under my saddle either way.

·
Cycologist
16,853 Posts
I use a Camelbak but I'm assuming you use bottles. It doesn't sound like you have much to dig through and how often are you needing to do so? You like the burrito because it is more organized? You could probably find a way to organize better in a saddle bag or maybe one with multiple compartments.

·
Always in the wrong gear
3,510 Posts
On my 'big bike' 160/150 29" enduro rig I carry everything in my backpack for 'daily rides'. Gotta have lots of water.

If 'shuttling' or Enduro Racing:
a 24" (yes for real, it works fine) tube strapped to the down tube
"full" OG Threaded EDC with bacon plugger in steerer
2 25g CO2 and an inflator nozzle strapped to the edges of my water bottle cage with a "Ryder Slyder"
One water bottle on the frame, snacks in my pockets.

On my SS:
tube, 2 CO2 and nozzle, one tire lever in an Awesome Strap under the top tube, just behind the head tube
2 bottles on the frame. Snacks in my pockets.
...Or all tossed into a Camelback. It's rarely cool enough for less than two bottles here in AZ.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I
had been using a saddle bag but didn't like digging through all my stuff whenever I needed something. So far, the best thing I found looks like this, BURRITO PACK, but I don't know if I could fit in a tube.
I feel like having to lay out a roll up bag any time you want something would be more of a pain in the ass than poking through a half dozen things in a more traditional bag.

·
Registered
680 Posts
On my MTB: tube and levers awesomestrapped to my seat. Mini pump attached to bottle cage. Multi tool and tire plugs in pocket.

On the gravel bike: tube, levers, tire plugs, multi tool, CO2 /w extra 25g cart., patch kit in saddle bag. mini pump on bottle cage.

I try to avoid packs if at all possible. I'd rather carry stuff in my jersey or shorts pockets than a camel back or hip pack. I tend to carry more stuff on the curly bars as I'm usually quite a bit further distance from rescue than I am on my MTB, hence the redundant inflation devices

·
Always in the wrong gear
3,510 Posts
My serious answer: I hate carrying a CamelBak with a bloody passion. I use the Weevil Burro Sack. I can fit tube, tools and a small pump in one side and my phone, keys and wallet in the other, plus a bottle.
I want so badly to like my Osprey Seral hip pack. It's such a nice product, and does everything I need it to....except stay on.

I have like ZERO ass, so if it's tight enough to stay on my hips, it's digging hard into my gut. Even 'stupid' tight on me, it evenually slides down onto my butt. I think it's worse on my SS than it is on my FS. We we ride, we don't stop. I ain't got time for that bulls&^t... dicking around with straps. It stays on, or it stays home.

·
CEO Product Failure
2,399 Posts
If the ride requires less than 2L of water, then I ditch the hydration pack and the tube is lashed to the seatpost using three 2" thick sections of a repurposed inner tube, the tools, CO2 inflator, tire plugs, tire plug tool, 3 CO2 cartridges, master link all go in an old 1qt ziplock back that I stash in my jersey.

·
Registered
ya like dags?
5,848 Posts
I want so badly to like my Osprey Seral hip pack. It's such a nice product, and does everything I need it to....except stay on.

I have like ZERO ass, so if it's tight enough to stay on my hips, it's digging hard into my gut. Even 'stupid' tight on me, it evenually slides down onto my butt. I think it's worse on my SS than it is on my FS. We we ride, we don't stop. I ain't got time for that bulls&^t... dicking around with straps. It stays on, or it stays home.
I've owned quite a few packs, and the only one that doesn't bounce and move around is the Bontrager Rapid Pack. The only bad part is that it's not big enough for all of my tools. It's great for racing, but lacks for general riding.

·
Registered
Digit Datum
385 Posts
I have the larger size One-Up pump which carries their EDC tool, a master link, tire lever and CO2 inflator mounted on my frame next to two water bottles. Under my saddle in a Specialized Bandit strap, I have a tube and CO2 cartridges. Phone goes in my shorts pockets for quick camera access along with my wallet and keys.

This is plenty for most 1/2 day rides. I'll bring a pack for long rides if I need more water, a shock pump, trail tools, or cake.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.