Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF! - Looks like a murder of crows has developed a way to extricate the liver from toads by attacking them and using their own defense behaviors to literally "explode" them :eek:

Does anyone find this unusually odd? More info below:
Exploding Toads

-and yes, I know fois gras is duck liver not toad liver - :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
WOW, way off

never,EVER, noticed!
CHUM said:
WTF! - Looks like a murder of crows has developed a way to extricate the liver from toads by attacking them and using their own defense behaviors to literally "explode" them :eek:

Does anyone find this unusually odd? More info below:
Exploding Toads

-and yes, I know fois gras is duck liver not toad liver - :)
 

·
Paper or plastic?
Joined
·
10,628 Posts
CHUM said:
WTF! - Looks like a murder of crows has developed a way to extricate the liver from toads by attacking them and using their own defense behaviors to literally "explode" them :eek:

Does anyone find this unusually odd? More info below:
Exploding Toads

-and yes, I know fois gras is duck liver not toad liver - :)
It's foie gras. :) And the real stuff is goose liver.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,057 Posts
Eeewwwwww!!!

CHUM said:
WTF! - Looks like a murder of crows has developed a way to extricate the liver from toads by attacking them and using their own defense behaviors to literally "explode" them :eek:

Does anyone find this unusually odd? More info below:
Exploding Toads

-and yes, I know fois gras is duck liver not toad liver - :)
Crows, like rats and squirrels, are not to be trusted. They are entirely too smart, and entirely too skilled at hiding it. You watch - they'll band together and come after us one day...
 

·
the bomb
Joined
·
531 Posts
Drewdane said:
Crows, like rats and squirrels, are not to be trusted. They are entirely too smart, and entirely too skilled at hiding it. You watch - they'll band together and come after us one day...
hey, wasn't there a movie about that once? ;)
 

·
life is a barrel o'fun
Joined
·
2,502 Posts
Foie gras can be either duck or goose liver. Either way, it's delicious, but equally cruel.
 

·
Paper or plastic?
Joined
·
10,628 Posts
Christine said:
Foie gras can be either duck or goose liver. Either way, it's delicious, but equally cruel.
True, but IMHO the goose liver tastes better, at least the one that my aunt used to make. Yummy! :)

As for the cruelty, it's just a bird that's fed really really well. ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,057 Posts
CHUM said:
There was Alfred Hitchcocks "The Birds" - cross that with "Ben" (the pied piper rat movie) and throw in a little "Food of the Gods" and we may have a script ;)
There was also a really horrible (made for TV?) movie called "Day of the Animals" - All Gawds critters went ornery on our asses...
 

·
There is NO Punk Bible!
Joined
·
1,699 Posts
Oh ya!

RagamuffinRider said:
Au contraire mon ami. En France, fois gras fais du canard! Je regardez le procédé avec mes yeux!

SVP!

Na ja, es ist schon lange her dass ich Franzoesich greschrieben habe.

Ciao
去林間小道你的腳踏車,傻瓜!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top