Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody ride a Kona road bike, i.e., Zing, Zing Deluxe, etc.? If so, what are your thoughts?

I'm looking to get into road biking and would like to stay loyal to the Kona brand, but its difficult to find ride reports on these bikes. I sampled some other brands recently but am not able to get on a Kona roadie without traveling great distances or purchasing one, sight and ride unseen.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks for the info. It looks like Kona's not putting out a new Zing for 2007, unless my computer is cutting out sections of the new bike postings on konaworld.com. It seems the low model will be the Zing Deluxe, which looks mighty fine online.

·
Stinkyest of the Stinkys!
110 Posts
Yeah, I think you are having some browser or monitor issues. I'm having the same problem on my iBook, but not on my desktop and 20" LCD.

There will be a regular Zing, and here are the specs:

Frame sizes SC49cm, SC53cm, SC56cm, SC58cm, SC61cm
Frame tubing Dedacciai FORCE butted Aluminum
Fork Kona Carbon Race
Braze-on fittings 2 bottles, fender eyelets
Headset FSA Orbit C8
Crankarms FSA Gossamer Compact
Chainrings 34/50
B/B TH 7420ST
Pedals None
Chain Shimano 105 10
Freewheel Shimano 105 10 (12-25t, 10 speed)
F/D Shimano 105 10
R/D Shimano 105 10
Shifters Shimano 105 10
Handlebar FSA Omega OS
Stem FSA OS-150XT
Grips Cork White
Brakes Tektro RX 40
Brake Levers Shimano 105 10
Front hub Mavic Aksium
Rear hub Mavic Aksium
Spokes Mavic Aksium
Tires Continental ULTRASPORT 700x23C
Rims Mavic Aksium
Saddle Selle Italia X2 Man Special Edition
Seatpost FSA SL-280
Seat clamp Kona Clamp
Color Blue/White/Black

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everybody for the input but I ultimately decided to go with another brand.

I ordered a Felt F75 on Saturday but just found out this morning that the manufacturer was out of stock in my size, so they automatically upgraded me to the Felt F65 at the same price! And I thought the F75 was already a good deal at that price.

I'm pretty stoked. Still looking forward to seeing the 2007 Kona road line (and of course the much anticipated mtb line) in person.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts