Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
A large group of us rode there on Tuesday, and conditions were near-perfect. I can only recall a few areas where the mud made picking a line tricky. Everywhere else was grippy and not overly dry, making the twisty climbs and descents towards the end of the loop very enjoyable.

·
Single speed
231 Posts
Friday afternoon trail conditions?

Is there any local Hydro Cut riders who, might happen to know the current state of the trail system.

There was a huge storm over night and into the morning yesterday around St.catharines . I imagine it was the same out your way too.

I would hate to make the trek up there and find out that it is too muddy to ride.

Thank a bunch

·
Single speed
231 Posts
Great Day for a ride @ the Hydro Cut

FANTASTIC!

Trails were in mint condition. Only a few little puddles. Easily avoided.

It was pretty brutal when ever we stopped to read the little map I printed out. Swarmed by mosquitoes if we stopped for more than 3 seconds. Next time we'll remember to bring the bug repellent.

Much like around here. Some of the trails on the south side of the powerlines were getting lots of growth on each side. Making them that much more tighter. Especially if you don't know them that well. Almost every corner was hidden from view until you were on it. It just made them more fun though.

Also next time we are gonna park further away from the trail head. That way we get a bit more of a warm up before we hit the trails. And we stay out of the construction areas.

So glad we made the trek up there.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
McGyver29er said:
FANTASTIC!

Trails were in mint condition. Only a few little puddles. Easily avoided.

It was pretty brutal when ever we stopped to read the little map I printed out. Swarmed by mosquitoes if we stopped for more than 3 seconds. Next time we'll remember to bring the bug repellent.

Much like around here. Some of the trails on the south side of the powerlines were getting lots of growth on each side. Making them that much more tighter. Especially if you don't know them that well. Almost every corner was hidden from view until you were on it. It just made them more fun though.

Also next time we are gonna park further away from the trail head. That way we get a bit more of a warm up before we hit the trails. And we stay out of the construction areas.

So glad we made the trek up there.
When were you up there? I had a sales call in Waterloo today that my bike had to accompany me on. I don't go to Waterloo without my mtb for an opportunity to cut through this singletrack.

Your assessment of the growth is perfect. I have a few scratches on my arms from the shrubs extending into the trails. I would also agree that the traction was fantastic. Absolutely perfect traction...

Always a good trip to the Hydrocut!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.