Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
JRA
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be there or be geometrically impaired.

We've had an amazing run of great weather, so backpedal, myself, and a fairly regular crew have been taking full advantage of it Sunday mornings. Meet at PTB at 9 for a warmup spin down Ralston over to the 'dog.

All welcome. If recent trends continue, Patty will lead an FBG/slower-paced contingent, while the rest of us will form one or more groups and do a larger ride. Last week Berry went on a random tour of obscure Belmont/San Carlos singletracks, which he might do again this week if someone asks nicely.

Other items of note: Rambler (Car) to Lower Creek has been a popular exit lately, so we'll likely incorporate that into our plans. Also, line challenge on the pavers. And J may be stoker if the Jesus lizard is working.

Who's in?

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
What's the over/under on how many "pavement dives" it will take me to master said paved section?

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
I'd say that you could do it in three more tries (four tops). You just need to get back and hammer at it. :thumbsup:

·
JRA
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SVSocrates said:
What's the over/under on how many "pavement dives" it will take me to master said paved section?
Just visualize yourself NOT rolling through the PO. :D

BTW, middle ring x 5th cog, give it the beans across the dam, coast through the transition and most of the bottom section, one good crank at the apex, downshift, and you're clear.

·
Registered
541 Posts
'Cross again this Sunday. It's the last race of the series though, so I shouldn't have this lame excuse much longer. If any of you want to come and heckle me, it's close by at Coyote Point. :)

·
My spoon is too big!
881 Posts
I had fun last week, it was a good mix of trails. I'll try to make it this week too.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Redpine88 said:
Just visualize yourself NOT rolling through the PO. :D

BTW, middle ring x 5th cog, give it the beans across the dam, coast through the transition and most of the bottom section, one good crank at the apex, downshift, and you're clear.
Aaah.. thanks for that piece of magic.. my one attempt at the pavers resulted in a backflip. I want to join one of these rides but on this day I'm going to check out the CX at Coyote Creek and see if I can't talk myself into buying another bike :)

·
JRA
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ratpick said:
I'm going to check out the CX at Coyote Creek and see if I can't talk myself into buying another bike :)
I'm sure backpedal would be more than happy to help you with that. :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
ratpick said:
.. my one attempt at the pavers resulted in a backflip.
Do I understand correctly that you guys are talking about riding up the steep cinderblock rollercoaster-drop right by the dam? Gee-zus, I never even thought of that.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
aabbas said:
Do I understand correctly that you guys are talking about riding up the steep cinderblock rollercoaster-drop right by the dam? Gee-zus, I never even thought of that.
Yes indeed.. it's completely doable.. seen it done, but if you try, make sure you fall to the left.. my mistake was stalling and leaning right and finding nowhere to put my feet, resulting in a slow-motion fall back down the pavers.

My left eye still twitches if I ever turn around and look at those pavers from the dam :crazy:

·
ROOOOOOOO
1,669 Posts
aabbas said:
Did it on a tandem last week. Wet cinderblocks are fun. Obligatory "the picture does it no justice, it is WAY steeper than that" comment.

·
Spin-stabilized
1,476 Posts
waterdawg

I'll be there Sunday with mah dawg, on a leash of course. Might be riding, might be hiking, depending on my gf's mood I guess.

·
sunnyside up
1,193 Posts
I'm in again, by the way. With Reba the waterdog. Pace=slow, or possibly, slower.

Patty

·
JRA
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
aabbas said:
When you ride with J the Trials Guy, you learn some new line options. Plus it's way more fun than taking the fire road around the back.

x1 on ratpick's comment though, make damn sure you fall left. SVSocrates bailed right two or three times last weekend and had a nice roll through the PO infestation on that side.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'll try and make it plus I've never ridden Waterdog or with Charles.

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Also note that there is a birthday on Sunday that should be celebrated on this ride, but I ain't sayin' whose it is.

·
Spin-stabilized
1,476 Posts
oops. I'm out. Got snagged to head down Harvey Bear instead. Have fun everyone!

·
just another bleepin SSer
1,453 Posts
SVSocrates said:
Also note that there is a birthday on Sunday that should be celebrated on this ride, but I ain't sayin' whose it is.
He's back pedaling in age, methinks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I want to hit up "the Dog" badly, but my left forearm is still sensitive with the slightest pressure cus of a sprain 4 weeks ago. I'm jealous with all this riding I'm hearing about due to the unsuspecting sunny weather. I have a lot of riding to catch up on once again.

Tsimbu, I will be waiting for that tour of Soquel.

Hope to see everyone on the trails real soon!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts