Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
JRA
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again, backpedal and I are actually planning ahead, and calling a ride this Sunday. Meet at the shop at 9 for a couple laps (maybe more) on the local singletrack. This will likely include, but not be limited to:

1) Krishna in his day-after-race "recovery" mode.
2) People doing silly climbs.
3) As much downhill as uphill.
4) Challenge sections, if J or audi0phile show up. Or maybe even if they don't.
5) Beer (and pizza?) afterwards.

Pace to be social, regroups mandatory, friendly smack talk encouraged.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I dont know if this is open to everyone or not but if so i have never been there and would like to follow some ppl around so if so let me know what shop you meet at

·
JRA
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They who show up, get to ride. :D

Meet at Passion Trail Bikes. They're on the interwebs here.

·
sunnyside up
1,193 Posts
I will be there, doing my usual FBG imitation of a ride. Pace will be slow. Beginners comfortable on singletrack are welcome to join me - and I would enjoy some company since even though I'll be starting at the same time as the other ride I will get dropped immediately. Oh, and my ride is pledged to be smack-talk free.

Patty

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I went for a loop of Waterdog yesterday - it's super-tacky - all the slippery bits are climbable. Going to try to make this ride (still need to pick up that hanger at PTB ;)

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
knobbyknees said:
I will be there, doing my usual FBG imitation of a ride.
I guess that clenches it. Bobby has been saying that she needs to hook up with you for another ride. I guess this'll be a good opportunity. :thumbsup: Now I just have to rope my sister into babysitting again.

·
Fat Skis/Fat Tires
1,959 Posts
Redpine88 said:
Once again, backpedal and I are actually planning ahead, and calling a ride this Sunday. Meet at the shop at 9 for a couple laps (maybe more) on the local singletrack.
Hmmm...

·
My spoon is too big!
881 Posts
Sounds like fun, though I may have to work Sunday. If not, I'll be there.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hope I can make this one. Haven't ridden since Friday which feels too long. I hurt my forearm at Cmont. I made an appt with my Dr. for Monday just in case I don't see any improvements. How long do you think it'll take until it's 100% again? Hope to hit the trails up real soon. Until then, keep on riding!

·
JRA
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool, lots of interest, and some of the regulars haven't even posted. (ahem!)

Just a general FYI, in addition to the FBG contingent, if we get a bunch of people, we'll probably split into smaller groups, similar in theme and pace to the PTB summer weekday rides.

Oh, and someone bring a CO2 cartridge - climbing the pavers is starting to claim tubes again.

·
My spoon is too big!
881 Posts
Redpine88 said:
Oh, and someone bring a CO2 cartridge - climbing the pavers is starting to claim tubes again.
Does anyone have a mini sledge to drive down those rebar ends? Might cut down on pinch flats...or not.

·
JRA
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mbyard said:
Does anyone have a mini sledge to drive down those rebar ends? Might cut down on pinch flats...or not.
Eh, just use one of Sterling's helmets. :p

Or think of it as an exercise in line selection . . .

·
Thirsty
379 Posts
I'm about 80% sure I'll be there. Beer and pizza go a long way with me.

·
sunnyside up
1,193 Posts
backpedal said:
... you smack talked those that went off the front of your group?
No, no. People who go off the front of my group are doing a different ride. People who go off the front of your group are just dropping you.

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
Redpine88 said:
Eh, just use one of Sterling's helmets. :p

Or think of it as an exercise in line selection . . .

Ah, so aim for the pointy bit there..... or the hard edge.
gotcha.

·
ROOOOOOOO
1,669 Posts
Redpine88 said:
regulars haven't even posted.
I did, but I edited it out. Essentially, I was saying a few of us regulars may be doing the SF dirt ride instead, but I didn't want it to seem like I was calling attention away from your thread.

Redpine88 said:
Main Entry: finesse
Pronunciation: \fə-ˈnes\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from fin
Date: 1528
1 : refinement or delicacy of workmanship, structure, or texture
2 : skillful handling of a situation : adroit maneuvering
3 : the withholding of one's highest card or trump in the hope that a lower card will take the trick because the only opposing higher card is in the hand of an opponent who has already played

·
JRA
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
J said:
I did, but I edited it out. Essentially, I was saying a few of us regulars may be doing the SF dirt ride instead, but I didn't want it to seem like I was calling attention away from your thread.
Sweet, so you waited a couple days and then hijacked.

J said:
Main Entry: finesse
Pronunciation: \fə-ˈnes\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from fin
Date: 1528
1 : refinement or delicacy of workmanship, structure, or texture
2 : skillful handling of a situation : adroit maneuvering
3 : the withholding of one's highest card or trump in the hope that a lower card will take the trick because the only opposing higher card is in the hand of an opponent who has already played
Yup, that's what I said re: line selection, a couple posts later.

:D

You wanna do a big bike ride again? I'm planning on bringing too much travel and a laid back head angle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts